Benchmarks: System Specs & UT3
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz) LGA775
- Gigabyte X48-DQ6 (Intel X48)
- ASUS GeForce 9600 GT (512MB)
- ASUS Radeon HD 3870 (512MB) Crossfire
- ASUS Radeon HD 3870 (512MB)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- nForce 9.46
- Intel System Driver 22.214.171.1246
- Nvidia Forceware 174.16
- ATI Catalyst 8.2
First up we have Unreal Tournament 3 and as you can see the GeForce 9600 GT is 11% slower than the Radeon HD 3870 at 1920x1200, which equates to a mere 9fps.
Both graphics cards were able to deliver over 70fps on average at this resolution, which is very impressive. When adding a second graphics card we found that the 9600 GTs were 13% slower than the Radeons at this same high resolution.
In terms of scalability, the Radeon HD 3870 became 37% faster when adding a second card, whereas the GeForce 9600 GT gained 34% more performance.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.