For a couple of weeks I’ve been having some problems with Firefox, especially annoying when working with many applications at once, completely slowing down my computer showing 90%+ CPU usage figures, even when idle… a bug for sure, but one that I can not stand anymore. I didn’t want to look around for possible fixes (I did but not for long – with no success – Deer Park Alpha seems to fix this but still too buggy to rely on completely), so I decided this would be a good time to give Opera 8.01 a good big try.
In the past I had only looked at the platform and used it for a limited amount of time, and while I liked it a lot, it seemed like it didn’t justify the move. But now I will use it as my main browser and who knows, maybe it’ll be bye-bye to Firefox and IE this time.
17 Comments so far
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.