IT Security News Headlines
The latest developments in IT security: your rights online, securing your systems via timely patching, updates on anti-malware tools, and relevant stories on hacking and system vulnerabilities.
- Spider.io reported today that Microsoft has no "immediate plans" to fix the potential Internet Explorer vulnerability which allows any website operator (or advertiser, hacker etc...) to track a visitor's mouse cursor movements. Microsoft's security team has acknowledged the issue but…
- Jeremi Gosney, the founder and CEO of Stricture Consulting Group, recently showcased a GPU-based computer cluster capable of brute forcing its way through any standard eight-character Windows password (including upper- and lower-case letter, digits and symbols) in less than six…
- A sophisticated, multi-layered trojan dubbed "Eurograbber" is estimated to be responsible for siphoning over €36 million -- or about $46.5 million -- from the bank accounts of unsuspecting Europeans. In a case study (pdf) performed by Versafe and Check Point Software Technologies, researchers reveal…
- Despite concerns voiced by Germany, a number of Internet eavesdropping techniques were approved for use by the International Telecommunication Union. The ITU is the specialized U.N. body charged with the facilitation and regulation of information and communication technologies. Cdt.org provides…
- Microsoft’s recently launched Windows 8 operating system is set to receive its first critical security update next week. According to the company’s advance notification posting, the November edition of Patch Tuesday will include critical fixes for vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet…
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.