£6.2m worth of Pentium III chips stolen

Status
Not open for further replies.

conradguerrero

£6.2m worth of Pentium IV chips stolen

The news article is here.

Computer chips worth an estimated £6.2m were stolen from a British Airways loading area near Heathrow Airport on Sunday.
Scotland Yard said the Pentium IIII chips were inside an American Airlines van which was taken when the driver left it unattended for a few moments.

Anybody need an extra Pentium III?
Edit:
they wrote Pentium IIII, I was obviously delirious and saw only III. Someone at the bbc must have skipped their Roman Numerals classes.

Originally posted by conradguerrero
The news article is here.

Those are actually Pentium IVs not Pentium IIIs....

Scotland Yard said the Pentium IV chips were inside an American Airlines van which was taken when the driver left it unattended for a few moments.

Around £1.5m worth of the chips were later recovered when the vehicle was found abandoned behind a row of shops in nearby Feltham, west London. [/B]

well whoever gets one can claim to have one of the "hottest" P4 Chips on earth in their machine.:haha:

Re: Re: £6.2m worth of Pentium III chips stolen

Originally posted by young&wild
Those are actually Pentium IVs not Pentium IIIs....

I know I'm not crazy~! they must have changed the article after I posted it; which was 15 minutes after it apeared on google news.

Hehe....i m not saying you are crazy, conradguerrero, one thing i hate about some press is that they sometimes tend to give wrong information without getting clarifications. They sometimes just want to draw more people to read their papers.

Having spent most of my adult life in a field that is widely reported on by the media I can assure you that the press seldom if ever gets it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back