0x0000007e

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read 30-40 posts online about BSOD. At first i couldnt get windows to start at all. now i can get it to run normal and safe mode windows. I am trying to do reboot from CD but for some reason it wont run the CD when it starts up? Both drive work normally when its on but it just wont read when it starts up. I also noticed my ethernet card isnt working, only way i know that is its not connecting to the net when it turns on. Any ideas?

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues.

* As you note this error can be caused by many issues and right now we don't have enough information to make an educated guess.

* As for booting up via CD, did you place your CD drive as first bootable in the BIOS?

* Tell us what diagnostic steps, if any, you have tried so far, i.e. memtest, harddrive diagnostics, virus scan, chkdsk, etc.

Yes I tired both drives, I dunno why it wont respond to it. The cd dosnt have a scratch on it, and as i said the drives work fine when it on.

So if I understand you, you did try to place both drives as first bootable, correct?

Try some standard diagnostic steps:

A. Run Memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test is that it kicks in well before you get to the Windows load screen. The thing is, will your drives work to do this. if you have a floppy drive you can do this test that way. I have done both CD and floppy.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

B. Run full diagnostic tests on your harddrive. Your HD manufactuer will supply a free utility to do so.

C. Run ChkDsk.

* Get back to us with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back