0x000000d1 and tcpip.sys

Status
Not open for further replies.

p0lar

Recently my pc has started to restart a few moments after turning it on.I noticed that if i disconnect it from the internet it doesnt restart.what i get on the bsod is a 0x000000d1 and smthing about tcpip.sys.plz help cuz i dont feel like reinstalling windows,im running a xp pro sp3

Did you try using some software to change the number of default connections from the default 10 to 100 or 200?

Any link to a software of this kind,also keep in mind that im posting from my htc magic,and thus im unable to download some types of files

tcpip.sys is a Windows OS driver that has to do with networking/internet connections.

0xD1 errors are usually caused by faulty drivers.

Seeing that you do not get BSODs when you are not connected to the internet and not being able to read your minidump files I am going to take a guess that either a) your NIC drivers need updating or b) your NIC card is bad.

Also, do you have any external USB connections in use?

Any link to a software of this kind,also keep in mind that im posting from my htc magic,and thus im unable to download some types of files

Then that file I was refering to you won't be able to download then. Are you on domain or are you on private home network? So are you able to log into that system? Can you login under Safe mode with no networking enabled?

Any other ideas

Being able to log into Safe Mode is a strong indication it is a driver issue as 0xD1 errors usually are. Attach your five latest minidumps in your next reply.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

All five are 0xD1 errors (see my first reply).

Four cite the Windows OS driver TDI.sys which is a Windows network driver.

The remaining dump cited the Realtek 10/100/1000 NDIS 5.1 Driver - Realtek 10/100/1000 NIC Family all in one NDIS Driver.

As I said previously with your error codes, your symptoms, and cited OS drivers it is either your NIC drivers or the NIC card itself.

With these newest reads it is all pointing to your NIC card and/or drivers.

Your drivers are either a) corrupted, b) need updating, or c) if you have an installed NIC card the card itself is bad.

So new drivers should fix the problem unless the card is bad,could you give me a link outside of the realtek website for the drivers thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back