0x007b error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant install XP pack2 in my pc its error 0x007b whenver i tried to install with blue screen. The full message given below to examin for all of u to suggest me what to do to solve it.Thanks in advance

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006B (0x0000003A, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Per MS
This issue may occur if the Roxio GoBack program is installed in your computer.
Note The GoBack program is also included with the Norton SystemWorks program.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, cancel Windows XP Setup, remove GoBack, and then restart Windows XP Setup.
I hope this helps.

Added Note: 5/18/09 RE: Route44's question...
I made an assumption... (bad practice!) that 0x7b was a typo and based my answer on
*** STOP: 0x0000006B (0x0000003A, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Tahsin,

Your information isn't fully consistent...
Per MS - PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED is a 6b error
http://support.microsoft.com/search...id=global&catalog=LCID=1033&1033comm=1&res=20

it is NOT
STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus. It can also indicate a faulty drive.

Can you boot to safe mode?

Route44 - Can you help him with troubleshooting the drive on a system where he cannot even get to safe mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back