"0x2753a7d0" fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onus

I had this error under control: STOP error c:\WINDOWS\KB926239.log, but the memory is increasing exponentially. I have only .9g of data and I saw the memory is reading 16gig. Error and metadata are all wacked out too.
Error message: IEXPLORE.EXE-Application Error, The instruction at "noted above" referenced memory @same. The memory could not be read.

I had installed the compact XP SP2 Home update and later two kb files appeared on my add remove programs. kb926239, kb920213. I would have rather they were still in the package. Any ideas? Files will not delete.!!

Updates not installable

Windows Media Player could not install the program---I think it said to check the crypto service. The kb does not install, blaming the integrity of the system. The messages also warned not to uninstall the runtime WMP11. I only ran the Media Player update a week or two ago and I got WMP 10 on screen and WMP 9 running on startup. Runtime WMP 11 already exists in the add/remove programs list and it shows WMP 10 installed. I pretty sure that KB article issue did not install the last time I tried to make the fix, probably 1 month ago. I found the certificates in system32 and ran the installer. I don't think there was an error or issue with it. I can't find the "PK-11", or something like that that, though.

Sounds like too many players and that the new runtime MP11 security crap is boondoggled dealing with them.

I would remove 9 (add/remove), reboot and then remove 10, reboot, then clean out the MP11 stuff.

Then clean out your comp (all temps including Windows/temp), and defrag.

Reinstall MP10 then (or 11 if you want but NOT both).

WMP add/remove missing

There is no listing for Windows Media Player. Last night I could not find the directory. I found a setup file for mpplayer and dragged it to the desktop; also an icon to start the program. It would not install. Today the Media Player is in my start menu programs (icon only). The skin icon works, too. I cannot delete the folder and start again though. I get error: "Cannot delete Windows Media layer: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

I'm so confused by this looping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back