1 Diablo +4 PC = Possible?

By novkhan
May 5, 2004
  1. Goodday!

I have a small lan at home! ( 3PC + 1 Laptop )

Inviting some friends over this weekend so i decided to install some Lan game to entertain them!

They ask for "Diablo 2" so i am going to buy it later , but some of them told me that if i want to install it on all the 4 PC, i have to but all 4 sets of "Diablo 2".

Is that true?

i Dont really wish to buy that 4 sets of Diablo 2, cause i am really tight on budget?

Hmm.. Is there any other alternative to solve this Diablo2 Problem!

2. SmAsHeR

SmAsHeR TS Rookie Posts: 33

i don't know about diablo 2 but most games like battlefield 1942, medal of honor, call to duty, rainbow six three, and many other only require that the disk be put in on start up. i have played lan with six computers and all we did was start it up on each computer and then go to multiplayer. some games require u to put the disk back in to load the next level but it was still playable. six computers and one disc.
  3. novkhan

novkhan TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 35

What abt the CD KEY issue.
    Heard from friends that if the CD key is similiar, Multiplayer wont work!
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

Mutliplayer will work fine, but not on If you are just playing LAN, there will not be any issues.

Diablo II does require the CD, but if you copy a few files to your Diablo II directory off of the CD and apply a no cd patch from, or, then a CD will not be required.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.