1 Problem with DDR Dual Channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright first things first my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro2 and my DDR slots are set up like this II II II II. If I set my 2 Ultra 512MB 400MHz PC3200 in the two same color slots (orange, DDR1 and DDR3, or, Grey, DDR2 and DDR4) My computer wont even start up, and just make a constant beeping noise. Now they both do work if I them in separate colors. The computer does read the both of them, but the only problem is when I play a game, like F.E.A.R, or Doom 3, actually any game. the game will actually shutdown within a 1 minute to 5 minute range. or if im burning a disc it will shutdown random during the process. can anyone tell me what i can do to fix this. I have looked everywheres. :unch:

Two quick questions:

1. Do you have the latest bios installed?
2. Is the ram dual or single sided? Unbuffered?

What happens with only one stick installed?

Do the number of beeps for that make of BIOS refer to a memory problem or something else?

enter the BIOS maker - e.g. award + "beep codes", as is, in Google to find out.

It looks as if the RAM isn't compatible with the motherboard - or the power supply is inadequate - or the motherboard is faulty.

Try the RAM in another PC. If it works, sell it and buy Crucial RAM that is guaranteed to work with the motherboard if it is listed in Crucial's Memory Advisor - or your money back.

as far as your memory is concerned, the slot color signifies the coresponding channel, therefore one of each chip should be in each color to acheive dual channel.

but what makes you think your memory is the culprit anyways? I don't think your memory is the problem. since it's only during gaming that you have this problem, I think your problem either lies in your video card (either incompatible, conflicting IRQ, or needs new drivers) or your PSU cannot provide enough power

#1) do you have the latest NF2 ultra Chipset drivers? if not, get them here

#2) do you have the latest video card drivers?

#3) do you have your operating system fully up to date?

#4) can your power supply handle what your system demands?

#5) do you have the 4 pin ATX power connector plugged in? (this powers your CPU, if this is not plugged in, the CPU will NOT get enough power to operate at full usage times, such as gaming and CD burning, and therefore will crash or hang)

Well I do have the bios, and my ram is single sided, I have a 500 watt power supply. But i will download the latest of all the things listed above and i will check the cables. I was starting to think, may it be that i have Windows Xp Home, and not Professional?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back