1.reg malware infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is one topic I've read more than a few threads on, tried quite a few things, and it's left me stumped. This is the most stubborn infection I've ever dealt with.

Avast will detect a file in the temp folder as Malware called "1.reg". I've ran Avast in boot time, SBS&D, and Adaware, all coming back as clean. As soon as I reboot, it's back.

Here's my HJT log:

View attachment 25952

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of ChickenSandwich only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Taken from step15 HERE.

Please note: HJT and any other logs must not be posted as .doc files. This is due to the risk of viruses etc.

Please attach your log files with either a .log or .txt extensions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of ChickenSandwich only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

You`ve posted your HJT log from safe mode, when I need it to be posted from normal mode.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'Default user')

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the code box below into it:
NOTE* make sure to only highlight and copy what is inside the quote box nothing out side of it.
Also ..

Pay particular attention to this :-

Make sure the word File:: is on the first line of the text file you save (no blank line above it, & no space in front of it)
Code:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\uninst.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\teksock.dll

Folder::
C:\VundoFix Backups

Registry::

Save this as CFScript.txt

Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as you see in the screenshot below.

CFScript.gif

This will start ComboFix again. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), post the contents of Combofix.txt in your next reply together with a fresh HJT log.

Let me know if you`re still having any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back