100% CPU,screen lag when in battlefield vietnam game

Status
Not open for further replies.
BFV game screen lags behind what is actually going on or sometimes freezes,cpu at 100% when in game and page file is 150 or above. EA info says adequate system,DMA on 512MB ram nvidia geforce fx5200 vid card,is at full acceleration in display, when set at less than half game will not load.Can't increase core or memory speed on vid-card w/o getting corrupt images or pc freezing.have ad-awareSE,spysweeper,all good there.Can give fairly decent pc info upon request.ALSO,is this a good place to get remote assistance??....at tech spot?? click on my name for my pc info!!

Hello, I am the Battlefield 1942 and DesertCombat fan myself.

I am using nVIDIA GeForce FX5200 with 128mb. The way to solve the lag is, turn off both AA and AP, overclock video card past 300mhz gpu and 425mhz mem with PowerStrip. Work for me. Set the BF1942 Vietnam Video setting in med with no lightmap and dynamic lighning. DO NOT CHANGE GFX5200 DMA! This is bad, especially with AA and AP. Leave it in default.

Set your Virtual Memory into min: 256mb and max: 4096mb <must have hard drive more than 20gb available.>
Close most of taskbar application and disable antivirus scanner.

By the way, what is your cpu: INTEL PENTIUM 4 or INTEL CELERON? it is very confusing in your system spec. Tell us your RAM type with number, not speed <e.g. PC2700>

Last of the all, BE PAITENCE! It take a while until the BF1942 finish load while in a game. It should take less than a half of minute.

Lucan

hankman said:
EA info says adequate system
Adequate doesn't mean fast, and I'm sure it doesn't mean 'adequate' when playing against 10+ players, either. GeForceFX 5200 just isn't a fast enough graphics chip for such situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back