TechSpot

100% CPU usage

By iaveight
Dec 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I have a Macbook pro quad core 16 gig ram, running windows 7 ultimate on bootcamp. All of a sudden when I booted into windows my CPU usage would spike and stay at 100 percent. The only way to solve this was to open task manager. I ran numerous scans and nothing seemed to solve the issue. I then went into control panel and went to performance issues and when I ran the check I found this in my startup folder
    crssc.exe and yrkpack. I have done a search on yrkpack and found nothing but on the crssc.exe I did find this. Most antivirus programs identify crssc.exe as malware, for instance Microsoft identifies it as Backdoor:Win32/Sdbot, and Symantec identifies it as W32.IRCBot.Gen. I have disabled them both and will wait to reboot. I have also found on the net that 100 percent cpu could be caused by a corrupt file in your user profile. If the first does not work I will delete and re create a new profile and see if that works........

2. iaveight

iaveight TS Rookie Topic Starter

UPDATE - Fix worked I disabled the two files I found with the windows performance issue check in Control Panel

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.