100% cpu usage

RPisOP

Ok so first of all I have a really old comp - amd Athlon 64 3700+ -i3 dual core
And I am not allowed to get a new one cuz I bout expensive stuff recently
And my comp is really slow and it always seems to have 100% like it doesn't even fluctuate it's always at a 100% and a really annoying problem is that any application I open after a while it says "not responding " next to the name at the top and the application freezes for like 45 seconds . All I use my computer for is to play mine craft and it's soooo annoying how I die because it just freezes saying not responding and I have noooo clue how to stop the 100% cpu usage . So pleaseeeee help me and thank you!
P.S - my dad doesn't let me be admin so I don't have admin rights so try to give suggestion that doesn't need admin but if it's the only way to stop it then il ask my dad

What version of Windows is installed? You may have to install Windows fresh if your dad will let you

I am using windows 7 home edition
My comp like didnt work for a year like it used to boot up no display and stop working
So we got a 250 gb samsung SSD and a GeForce 210 graphica card and did some stuff get a bew monitor and restart everything like 3 months back

Yeah around 3 months back. Also just to clarify do u think it is a software that is doing this or is it just that my computer is really bad?

"Also just to clarify do u think it is a software that is doing this or is it just that my computer is really bad?" If only it was easy to answer that question. It would be useful to know how much ram is installed and the security software you are using.

I have 4gb ram and anti virus is trend micro

Also I use my comp only for Minecraft and it always uses lik 50+ CPU nothing else does

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm true but is there anything I can do to fix this other than getting a new processor?

You could do with advice from somebody into gaming and Minecraft in particular. There may be ways of tweaking the game so it will work better on lower spec systems. At a pure guess you need lots of ram but if you have 32 bit Windows 7 it won't recognise any more than 4Gb.

I have a 64bit windoWS 7 but only 32 bit java so do u think updating java to 64 bit will help?

Yeah ram isn't too expensive but the thing is the thig getting used up isn't memory like when I am running it takes ul 500k but physical memory is at like 60% but the CPU becomes 100%

The only other thing easy to change is the graphics card. I have two GeForce 210s and like them but I don't run serious games. It's a pretty basic graphics card but again how much better things would be with an upgrade I couldn't say.

So if I get like 8gb ram totally and a better graphics card u think I can run Minecraft a bit better? Right now at lowest graphics I get like 60-80 fps and randomly it freezes and says not repsonding

I was hoping somebody better able to help would chip in but no joy. Maybe you would learn more if you post on one of the Minecraft forums? All I'm doing is suggesting easy ways of boosting your computer power. Changing the processor is not so likely to be straightforward. Best of luck.

Back