13 builds computer by self? STRANGE HUH?

By Ph30nIX
Dec 4, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you looked at my profile you'd see that im 13,
    Does anyone find it strange that a 13 Y/o is going to go out buy the parts for aocmputer, then put it all together? Quite weird by my standards. But i am the best at using computers in my family, they wouold have no clue aoubt what to buy. The best ways to learn about computers is to experiment, or to be taught by someone really knowledgeble. My friend works in ABS for computer maintenence and he is really smart. I learnt everything from either him, or teaching myself!!

STRANGE OR WHAT?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Nothing strange about that.. And the bragging post is quite expected from a 13 year old :p
  3. NeonShadow

NeonShadow Newcomer, in training

Haha... that was a nice reply. I built my first comp when I was 13. And Im still running it 4 years later. The only thing I ever did upgrade on it was the memory and the graphics card. The next thing im going for is the harddrive. Good Luck on building your new comp.
  4. ptitterington

ptitterington TechSpot Maniac Posts: 376

When I was 13 I discovered vodka :haha:
  5. MYOB

MYOB Newcomer, in training Posts: 527

No. If you only started when you're 13 your late, actually

And I don't mean the vodka.
  6. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 359

building computers

Thanks for the good encouragments NeonShadow, at least there is a good person around to support the noobs! :)
  7. Electrick Gypsy

Electrick Gypsy Newcomer, in training Posts: 89

At 13 I was too busy getting cuts, bruises and broken bones out in the fresh air.
    Then I graduated to getting the same injuries building and driving dune buggies when I was 14.
    I think the introduced pocket calculators the year I left school.
    Times sure do change.
  8. me(who else?)

me(who else?) Newcomer, in training Posts: 433

I'm unimpressed. I just turned thirteen and I alreday built 4 or 5 comps. Of course, I'm pathetic and lifeless... :p
  9. therealdeal329

therealdeal329 Newcomer, in training Posts: 77

at 13 i was somehow breaking my dads 486, and trying to fix it before he came home from work, this was a daily event for me... back then i even had a few friends who were into building computers.. my biggest source for computer knowledge was my neighbor who had a packard bell in a dark closet with the case always off.. the thing that i thought was the coolest was how the hard drive would make noise when loading something.. dang that was a while ago, i've built several computers since..
  10. MYOB

MYOB Newcomer, in training Posts: 527

When I was 13 I was trying to explain to my school why all their 286's thought it was 1980....

I was pretty late in building my first complete machine - in that I've never done it. My Desktop is a 1997 Dell Dimension upgraded to a P4 :)

First time I did anything hardware related was well back in the 1990's, so it was before I was 13 anyway.

I actually haven't delved into a PC in months, mainly because I do most of my work on one of my 8 laptops, which are kinda hard to do major upgrade work on :)
  11. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Welcome. There are always things to learn regardless when you started and how much you've already done.
  12. Imp

Imp Newcomer, in training Posts: 26

At thirteen i had a Commodore vic 20, so as you can imagine i made time to do other things that involved having a life and going outside the confines of my bedroom, like spending my hard earned pocket money on cheap bottles of wine, discovering the intricate details of the opposite sex in all their shapes and sizes, but i didnt have the internet and the extensive access to pr0n that teenagers have these days so i would probably be doing the same if i was 17(cough)yrs younger. Well done you will be an accomplished comp tech in no time! :grinthumb
  13. Ph30nIX

Ph30nIX Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 359

thank you

Thank you for the encouragment!! i will probly buuild it on saturday :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.