TechSpot

17 Different 15-Inch LCD Displays Review

By NewsWare
May 12, 2003
  1. The last few months we saw a robust price drop of the LCD-screens and especially the 15-inchers became very payable. Also new pcs are more and more standard deliverd with a beautiful LCD-screen instead of a classic CRT-monitor. The looks, space saving and the high clarity makes LCD-screens very attractive for pc-users. But the offer is large and the differences arent always clear. I searched a few things out for you and tested seventeen 15-inch LCD-screens.

The test Method

All screens were connected via their analogous 15-pins VGA-connector to a pc with an AMD Athlon XP 2200+ processor, 512MB DDR333 and a Geforce 4 TI4200 128MB Deluxe. Screens with a digitale DVI-connector were connected on the DVI-output of the Geforce 4 Deluxe. For the image quality-test I made use of the Nokia Monitor tester, a special LCD-test of VNU Labs and the ProphetView LCD tester from Hercules. The attention goes to clarity, contrast proportion, image mistakes, line resolution and
    color reproduction. Furthermore I looked at a webpage as well as a Word-document that both have quite many text in different letter types and sizes contain. This points on the technical specs (response time, resolution, contrast-ratio, clarities degree, etc.) and on the presence of extra possibilities as speakers, USB-hib, DVI, turn possibilities, etc. In the end I award maximum ten points closed on calculation of my general impression.

17 Different 15-Inch LCD Displays Review

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.