19 inch LCD monitor - $80

By ¼ of a hotdog
Aug 28, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Proview is junk. Never seen one last more than 15 months... Would you really want a monitor that sells for $80.
  2. ¼ of a hotdog

¼ of a hotdog TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 214

oh sure did you have to crush all of my hopes and dreams! i thought it was on sale circuit city always has monitors on sale but they are usually crt.
  3. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,361   +821

Bad News Happens in Threes.......

Strike Three....... circuit City doesn't give rain checks.

This is an enigma, CRT..???
  4. ¼ of a hotdog

what do you mean strike three. no it wasn't a crt its just that circuit city would always have crt monitors on sale and they would rotate the pricing on them but they don't do that anymore. i was looking and noticed they had a cheap lcd monitor and i didn't know it was a crummy one tho.
  5. captaincranky

Think Baseball, Baseball.......

Strike One.......

Strike Two......

Strike Three......

I agree with you in that Circuit City logically rotates their sale pricing around their different brands and sizes of monitors. It does make sense that they would.

I simply haven't seen an advertisement for a standalone CRT monitor for maybe two years.
    I received a 17" CRT monitor with a computer I purchased Memorial Day 2006, but after that, and certainly at present, even the $350.00 computer packages come with LCDs, albeit 17" crappy ones.
  6. ¼ of a hotdog

ok that makes more sense. before i built the computer im using i had been looking for a monitor and they actually sold 3 different crt monitors about 3 or 4 months ago for less than 70$ and for about a week one was only 30$!
  7. captaincranky

Location, Location , Location.....!

Here I'm thinking that because of our different geographic situations, that CC's stock situation is quite a bit different. I live in a very high retail volume area, (SE Pennsylvania), and here, CRTs are nonexistant. Retailers keep stock until they can sell it, and the thirty buck CRT jobbies are long, long gone.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.