19" LCD will only display for a second, technical advice will be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I ran a search to troubleshoot an LCD monitor but was unsuccessful, so here I am looking for help.
I have a ST1904K1 19" LCD Flat Panel Monitor (Office Depot no brand, maybe Microtek). It will only display for less than a second when first turned on then the display disappears. I tried it on 3 different working computers. Turning the monitor off then on again I can see whatever program is running, but the display stays on for a split second then disappears. Any advice? Is it dead? Is it the back light? power board? a cap?
Thank you

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can`t give you any technical advice, but obviously, there is a major problem with your monitor.

If it`s still under warranty, rma it.

If not then take it to a qualified repair technician.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

19'' LCD Monitor (Black) - ST1904K1-N (Backlight failure)

(mostly for thread closure)
I pulled apart one of these over the weekend with the same symptoms. The display is live, but the backlight turns off after about 1 second on.
It's not the powersupply or the lights, near as I can tell. (If you shine a light into the front of the display, you can see the screen is working).

There are 4 HV power connections coming out of the powersupply cage, I'm not seeing voltage...

I'm thinking that the firmware may be turning off the lights...

Hello,
I ran a search to troubleshoot an LCD monitor but was unsuccessful, so here I am looking for help.
I have a ST1904K1 19" LCD Flat Panel Monitor (Office Depot no brand, maybe Microtek). It will only display for less than a second when first turned on then the display disappears. I tried it on 3 different working computers. Turning the monitor off then on again I can see whatever program is running, but the display stays on for a split second then disappears. Any advice? Is it dead? Is it the back light? power board? a cap?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back