1GB Secure Digital Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Acer CR-6530 Digital Camera with a 64MB Secure Digital Card that works OK. I have purchased a 1GB SanDisk Card and inserted it, I get the message 'THIS CARD CANNOT BE USED'. I go to Set-up and format the card in the camera, I get the message 'CARD ERROR'. I switch off the camera, and start it it set-up mode, go to Format, execute and then get the message 'processing image' and then OK. i them move to Auto and am able to take pictures OK, which can be shown on the camera and through a card reader on my PC. If I switch the camera off (or it switches off automatically) When I switch it back on I get the same error message 'THIS CARD CAN NOT BE USED', and I have to start over again and lose the pictures that are still on the card.

Any body help with this one?

Those cards are just like new HDD's they need to be formatted before using...the instructions for that are on page 26 of your user's manual.

patio. :cool:

1GB Secure Digital Card

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an Acer CR-6530 Digital Camera with a 64MB Secure Digital Card that works OK. I have purchased a 1GB SanDisk Card and inserted it, I get the message 'THIS CARD CANNOT BE USED'. I go to Set-up and format the card in the camera, I get the message 'CARD ERROR'. I switch off the camera, and start it it set-up mode, go to Format, execute and then get the message 'processing image' and then OK. i them move to Auto and am able to take pictures OK, which can be shown on the camera and through a card reader on my PC. If I switch the camera off (or it switches off automatically) When I switch it back on I get the same error message 'THIS CARD CAN NOT BE USED', and I have to start over again and lose the pictures that are still on the card.

Any body help with this one?

----------------------------------------

No solution with the 1GB Card. Acer CR-6530 only accepts up to a 512MB card.

Have you tried formatting the card within Windows? Rt. click on My computer and choose Manage... Then chose disk management.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Umm... The max size according to Elect is 512 megs, so a 1 gig card won't work. If he got the card working (in the method described in the first post) and tried to take enough pictures to fill it all up, I'd bet that the camera would lock up and/or some or all of the pictures would become corrupt.

Also, post date by Ronewest was 11-06-2005, 09:09 AM that was also his 1st and only post. $20 says he's not around to see the thread.

40€ and covering it... Maybe Acer release a new firmware that accepts 1Gb cards but i'aint gona bet on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back