2 BSOD's + more

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0ka

Hello, i came across this community after googling my problem, to try and save myself £50 postage costs i am on here trying to get to the bottom of these errors before i have to send the pc back. The pc runs fine with windows xp 32bit and windows 7 32 bit, I have been using the windows 7 64bit RC since july, I had quite a bit of trouble getting windows 7 64 installed as i was getting these BSOD's MEMORY MANAGEMENT and another one IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. all i did then was remove all the ram and replace it, i have 8gb of ram, this didnt seem to help as i still got these BSOD's, i then removed 2gb of ram leaving 6gb and hey presto i had a stable system?, A few days ago i left the pc to have my tea and when i came back the system was non responsive, i couldnt click on anything and nothing would open and the system would not shut down, after a few re-boots it was still the same, i managed to get the task manager open and i noticed the cpu usage was at 100% but no app or service showed as using the cpu this much,my cpu is an AMD Phenom quad core 9950 black edition, so i rebooted again into safe mode and everything seemed fine, but the system wouldnt work at all hardly in normal mode, so i backed up my files and decided to install the windows 7 ultimate 64 bit which i had just received that day from microsoft as part of the windows 7 launch party, the install went without a glitch and the system worked all that evening, next day when i booted up everything seemed fine for an hour or so, i was in my folders copying files to a memory stick and i tried renaming some of the files but when i clicked return for the rename the file names remained the same, i tried a few times i then got some exception errors and explorer crashed, then i got a box saying unknown hardware error and a few others which i cant remember then bang, the dreaded BSOD memory management and when i tried rebooting the windows welcome screen would not appear, i got 2 errors at this stage 1 was to do with the windows log in not working and another 1 which i cant remember, so i turned off the pc and left it for a while, it seems to boot up fine when i leave it for a while, but it crashes then randomly, i did the windows memory test at bootup and it passed, I am quite good with software issues but i am a novice at hardware issues when it comes to the motherboard and stuff, the BSOD's are still the same, i get the memory management one and the irq not less or equal one.
my motherboard is a T-series TA780G M2+ HP, cpu is an AMD Phenom quad core 9950 black edition, i have 8gb ddr2 ram, i have attached a few dmp files if anyone can help i would be very grateful and £50 better off. ,

One minidump specifically cited corrupted memory. So you'll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than is listed but either one should work. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

thank you for checking this out for me, i will run these tests tonight and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back