2 Cpus??

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsTeBaNo

Hello! I Just changed my Mobo some months ago, its the same one I had but this one has a pci-e port... Well I didnt installed it.. Someone helped me, Anyways I reinstalled everything after the mobo was installed. Now I open DXDIAG To check my configuration and now it sez that I have 2 Cpu's!
I've ran some other programs such as Everest And a Active X Thing at Nzone.com to check system requirements and all of them keep saying that I have 2 cpu's ... I Dont know what happend, I just think that the cpu ram is a small square, did the one that installed the new mobo just placed the old cpu square thing in the new mobo?
That means I have 2 cpus? Or my pc is screwed up? Hehe im pretty confused, hope I dont confuse u more guys.
Thanks!

Heres the Dxdiag Info...

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    45.5 KB · Views: 5
You have a HT (Hyper-Threading) processor. You only have a single Pentium 4 CPU, but Windows thinks that you have two :)

Check this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperthreading

Regards :wave:

Hyperthreadingpromo.jpg
:haha:

Lol Thats Funny, I Dont think i have Dual Core... I Erased and reinstalled everything... Odd!
Thanks A Lot!
And With the other mobo it didnt showed 2 cpus!

If I'm not mistaken, most Pentium D CPU's didn't have HT technology, because they have 2 real cores....

Take a look at your DXdiag.txt file. You have a Pentium 4 (not D or dual core), probably Prescott core :)hotbounce ) HT CPU ;)

Oh Thats Cool! Thanks a lot!

One Last question... In Your personal opinion.. Is this a good cpu or a normal one?

EsTeBaNo said:
One Last question... In Your personal opinion.. Is this a good cpu or a normal one?

What you have is a very decent CPU, not the best, nor the worst. Your processor is up-to-date and can run most applications with the proper components so don't worry, you have a good cpu. You also have the ability to upgrade to the newer processors due to your newer socket.

Normal one. It is built on the old Netburst architecture, so it runs pretty warm. The new Intel Conroe's and most AMD 64's can beat it. But then what can I say, I'm using an AMD Duron 700!

17 posts in less than a hour! :eek:

BTW, weird cfizarl's post, isn't it? :haha:

untitledbx2.png

BTW, you have a good CPU, don't worry :)

wolfram said:
17 posts in less than a hour! :eek:

BTW, weird cfizarl's post, isn't it? :haha:

untitledbx2.png

BTW, you have a good CPU, don't worry :)

What the hell!?

EDIT:
What explorer do you use? I've never seen it before (even though it's in Spanish, Estoy tomando la clase de Español en mi escuela).

Hyper Threading CPU's are pretty good, I have one you can turn HT on or off in the BIOS because somehow one time my system turned off the HT by itsself. But yeah its a good cpu deff not the best but not the worst . So its not a Core 2 duo but not the orginal Pentium lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back