2 different types of BSOD's lately

VIKINGS

Hello World,

In the past few weeks I've started getting some bsod's. They seem very random both in how often they appear and in what exactly I am doing when they appear.
At first they had a "Bad pool caller" message, and the newer ones that I got today(2 of em a couple of hours appart) now have a "Page fault in nonepaged area" message.

The bsod's seem, emphasis on SEEM(firstly because my memory sucks so this info might not be accurate and secondly because I really doubt this is the issue and I don't want you guys to tunnel on it) to have started after I added another hdd to my pc. But I just use it for storage, I don't have my system on it, nor any running programs/games/etc.

Can anyone please tell me who the culprit is and what I can do about it?
Here are the dump files and some system info, let me know if you need anything else please.

Dump files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcnvf1qhngrh6d7/Minidumps.rar?dl=0

Sys info[the stuff in () are manufacturer codes]:
Motherboard - MSI 870-C45
Power Supply - Sirtec High Power Element PLUS 500W(HPC-500-G12S)
Ram - Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Dual Channel kit(KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX)
CPU - AMD Athlon II X4 630 2800 Mhz
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD7870 XT WITH BOOST 2GB DDR5 256-bit(11199-20-20G)
The HDD I was talking about - WD Green 3TB SATA-III IntelliPower 64MB(WD30EZRX)

Thank you.

Try this method of posting minidumps. It is much easier for us
Go to C:\windows\minidump and select all the .dmp files. Right-click sending these files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as a file to your post

I don't really see what the big difference is, but ok. I've changed the archive to zip fomat and uploaded it as a file to this post. ;)

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    181.1 KB · Views: 3
Okay, there are 8 minidumps in your nice zipped post. Green WD drives scare me. They are at the bottom of my drive list... been this way for a long time. Your only using this for storage, right? Your ATI video driver is flagged in the minidumps as being an issue. The Bad Pool Caller and Page Fault issues may just originate from the Windows instability. Check to see if there is an updated video driver for your card. The 500 watt power supply may be a bit weak for your system, especially if it has some age on it

Yeap, just storage. I have my system, games and most programs on a samsung ssd.
Indeed the power supply has some years on it, guess I might wanna look into upgrading it soon...
K, I'll upgrade the video driver today, and I'll let you know if I get any further bsod's.
Thank you very much for your help.

Well, I updated the video drivers on the day of my last post, 27 nov, and for a while everything worked ok, no more bsod's.
But today(just now) while watching youtube I sadly got another "bad pool caller" bsod.:(
Here's the zip, can anyone please tell me what the problem is?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 120815-12807-01.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 1
TDX.sys is a network driver. This driver is being flagged in this minidump. Do you see a Broadcom driver in the device manager?

The only thing I see under "Network adapters" is one "Realtek PCIe GE Family Controller". Nothing else, no yellow questions marks or exclamation points, etc.

"Realtek PCIe GE Family Controller" This is your Wired network controller. No Wireless controllers listed?

Oops, so many threads, so little time:) My desktop has a wireless adapter too. Post any new minidumps. Lets see if the network issue repeats

And speak of the devil... I just got another one, here's the dump.

Attachments

• 121015-12370-01.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 3
I'm beginning to think you are infected with a virus or other type of malware. The minidumps are all over the place

I'd be very surprised by that, I run an antivirus and a firewall, and I'm pretty good at knowing where to go/what to touch and where not to go/what not to touch.
But I suppose anything is possible, I'll run a couple of scans just to make sure. If those come up negative what's our next course of action?

The minidumps are pointing weakly to networking issues but they are changing what they are flagging with every new BSOD

I got a chance to run some scans today and they all came up clean. I olso checked my motherboards drivers page, I downloaded and installed the latest lan driver.
Hopefully that will fix the problems. But if it doesn't what's next?

Well, I just got another one. So sadly it seems updating my lan driver didn't help. Here's the minidump for another "Page fault in nonpaged area" bsod that I just got.

Attachments

• 121315-12433-01.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 1
Ntoskrnl.exe PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA Lets check your memory using Memtest86:
http://memtest.org/ Download the ISO file for version 5.01 Burn it to a CD or DVD start up the computer with this disk. No errors are allowed. Run at least 7 passes. Please note that this instability could be caused by a memory bios setting if you get any memory errors. Also, if you get errors try cleaning the memory modules with a pencil eraser and re-seat them

Sorry for the late response, I've been kinda busy the last couple of days. Sadly your suggestion is not available for me cause my dvd-rom is busted. Is there some other way, maybe something involving a flash drive?
I got 2 more since we last talked by the way, file included in case you need to take a look at those too.
And now that I think about it, the only "pattern" that I kinda notice(not sure if it happens every single time, but pretty often, assuming my memory isn't playing tricks on me which I wouldn't bet on...) is I get a lot of them while watching youtube videos, is there a chance there is something wrong with that *****ic adobe flash, and that's what's causing them?

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    44.9 KB · Views: 1
You can use a flash drive for Memtest86 if your computer will boot from a flash drive. In this group of 2 minidumps, mountmgr.sys is a driver used by the boot drive. Try running sfc /scannow in an elevated command window and get the flash drive version of memtest86 v5.01 and run it for at least 7 passes

Ok, I ran the scan and this is what it said:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Details are included in the CBS.log"

So I'm attaching the cbs.log file, let me know if you need anything else from the cbs folder. I'll run the memtests tomorrow as it pretty late now.
Good night.

Attachments

• CBS.zip
    73.5 KB · Views: 2
You do have some issues but they are not that critical. Healthy (no BSOD's) computers have issues with scannow at times. Just ran sfc /scannow on my Windows 10 pro eval build 11082 computer. I'm a Microsoft Insider... sfc /scannow ran clean

Last edited:
Well I'm done with the memtest, I let it run all night while I was sleeping, no errors. I think it did almost 6 passes, that thing takes forever....
And in the meantime(during these 2 days, not during the memtests) I recieved 2 more bsod's.

One of them(the one from 23 dec) was actually quite scarry. And I'm reffering here to the immediate consequences, I know the fact that I get them at all should in itself be scarry; but putting that aside so far these bsods haven't really been more then annoyances with losing most of the data I am curently working on and stuff like that, and then after the bsod and the restart everything works fine. But the one for the 23th was a big blow and after the restart my pc could barely open a text document. It took a couple of restarts and about 15-20 mins for things to get back to normal.
No idea what to make of all that, anyway I've attached the latest bsod's. What's next mate?

P.S. Thanks very much for all the help and happy holidays, wish you luck, health, happiness and all that jazz. :)

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 1
Back