2 iexplore.exe running, how do I get rid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archermog

Hello, I've gotten this malware not too long ago and I'm fed up with it. Everytime I use Firefox, I get popup's from iexplore.exe. I open Windows task manager and see iexplore.exe in 2 running in the backround. I try to end task those two but they kept coming back. I did a full scan with Spyware doctor and Malwarebytes but it did'nt solve anything. I've tried using mircosoft malicious removal tool, but it never starts up when I double click it. Right now I'm using a free version of stopzilla to stop the poppups from happening but the point is that I really wanna get rid of this malware and move on. When I run iexplore from my desk top, 2 iexplore.exe shows up (where is this 2nd one coming from?). Also, when I start up, it says (something).dll not found or missing or something. I just really want to get rid of this =(
I've used Combofix, registry booster, registry mechanic, but its still here..
I really wish to get rid of this without paying or backing up my laptop :(

Here's a hijack log I did today.
View attachment hijackthis.log
(etc question)
I remember way back then I used norton's ghost backup by pressing some key's while windows was starting up, anyone know the keys?(like ctrl alt something)

Try this:
To get rid of those 2 IEXPLORE.EXE

1. Access your control panel by going to the Start menu;
2. Select Control Panel;
3. Choose ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS and,
4. Remove Messenger Plus!

You have got some nasty stuff in your hijack log, but I don't think they are too bad. Are you running Norton antivirus?

Spyware doctor is not an antivirus program. You have a lot of Norton (symantec) stuff in your hiJackthis log. Is it all expired? If it is, download and run Avast free antivirus, and see what it picks up

i cant install avast pro for some reason, and spyware doctor with antivirus not good? (offtopic) do you know the keys to use norton ghost backup while windows is starting up?

Sounds like your computer is very messed up. If you can't perform the 8-Step Virus and Malware instructions, you may be in for a format and Windows reinstall. I haven't used Norton ghost for over 6 years... Be aware that any files you back up might carry the malware or viruses with it

i wish to do a backup, only if i knew what buttons to press when windows is starting up x-x. thanks for the help but i really need to find these keys to press. How could i backup without nortons ghost

my laptop just lost internet connection(on my moms) and stuff when i uninstalled ie8... im in a mess.. i need a backup..what are the darn keys!

My thought is for you to get another hard drive and remove the old one. Install Windows on the new drive and place the old drive in an external USB notebook hard drive enclosure and recover any files off of it, after scanning it for malware

It may be helpful to understand that it is NORMAL to have multiple iexplore.exe processes with IE8.

However, if someone knowledgeable opens the log you left, they would easily see the source of your problem. You will need guidance to resolve it. The problem is not being removed because you are trying to run random programs without any guidance.

Perhaps you may want to try starting over where there is help available.

Hm. I wonder why the log is attached as a link.

these entries in your hjt are bad.. you've got to fix them.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [suloziluvo] Rundll32.exe "nalayafi.dll",s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yimiwaren] Rundll32.exe "c:\windows\system32\pemipigi.dll",a
O21 - SSODL: regipuzit - {0d1e1008-9867-42cd-8cb9-f9484d7496b9} - (no file)
O21 - SSODL: pikivomow - {0e5edaa9-6e25-407f-9205-9457e4c2d8ef} - c:\windows\system32\pemipigi.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: mujuzedij - {0d1e1008-9867-42cd-8cb9-f9484d7496b9} - (no file)
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: gahurihor - {0e5edaa9-6e25-407f-9205-9457e4c2d8ef} - c:\windows\system32\pemipigi.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back