2 Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible to connect 2 motherboards together? and being able to use them together like a motherboard with 2 processors?, PLEASE tell me how to do this

I'm sure It is possible but it would involve building custom circuits and lots of soldering small wires and components.Even If you find a diagram telling you exactly what to do It would probably take weeks of working all day and cost you several times what buying a dual processer board would. So eventhough it is most likely possible it is completely impracticle and should not be attemped.

LoL dmill89, i think he was refering that if he can connect 2 mobo's using standard port's or conectors not by designing a new double mobo lol.

A single motherboard serves for purpose. Some workstations require alot of processing power in which case there are dual processor motherboards.

2 mobo's r possible, but I bet some rich company would have 2 do it, so dont even try. U can technically connect 2 mobos by connecting 2 computers using an LAN, modem, or serial port connection...

i want to connect them so that i can use them as one machine not connected through a LAN, and i happen to have the small budget of £0 lol,but i can get spare parts of pc's with ease. i have ran out of IDE ports on my Motherboard, but i need more so can i connect another motherboard through there IDE slots and use that ones IDE slots or would i have to use it through a LAN??

ALSO when i turn my pc off it comes up with "it is now safe to turn off ur pc" how do i stop this and make it do it automatically, ( i did know but i forgot because i havent done it for a long time lol)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

As regards your shutdown issue.

Go into the Control Panel, then into Power Options. Click the APM Tab or Advanced Tab, Select Enable Advanced Power Management Support, or when I hit the power button on my computer “Shut Down” and then click OK.

As far as wanting more ide channels, why don`t you just buy a pci ide card. They are very cheap.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back