2 problems with win 2000 [colors and software]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amebaid

after some debating between win xp and win 2000
i installed win 2000 on my desktop and it's working pretty good even better than i've expected

yet today i've faced 2 problems or i can say it's just one
as the second was there since i first installed win 2000 2 days ago

ok here it is

730130985d9576a85087587229e487f8e28b7e.jpg

this message appears after installing certain programs and i really don't know what is the solution for it
yet in that exact pic after updating wo the last winamp i was able to run it with no errors

can you tell me what is wrong with that ??

another thing which isn't the big problem here [as said it's there since i first installed the OS and it really didn't do me any thing wrong

please check the icons in my tray bar
73013103a9f8845010271d5fb914dad66274f3.jpg

P.S my mother board drivers is all setup well and it's all uptodate and specially the display driver ..

so can any one tell me how to fix these 2 issues ??

thanks

The system tray problem is a known one. I've talked about it HERE quite a long time ago. As for your first problem I might need more information as to what applications keep crashing.

PS. the new link for the SysTray icon is HERE.

thanks .. seems that the systray issue is resolved .. i'll check on these links now

as for the crash .. it did that with only one other software .. and i think it's something like global crash which may affect any future installation i might try to do

it first crashed with portable apps and i checked with their forums and they pointed me to the right direction to fix it and it did fixed it here

yet for the other one with winamp all i did was just updating the version i was installing as i was installing version 2.6 [for some how i'm old school :) ]
i just love the old one yet now i'm working with the last one and after the download and the installation of the new one it worked with no crashes

i just need to be sure that if there is any way to stop these crashes like if there is any kind of update that i may do to win 200 to permenantly fix that issue so that i don't have to do any searching again

i really like win 2000 more than win xp [faster and easy to use for me ]

thanks // hope you can help

7302761234559507602a30b04c6d1aac70bd27.jpg

thanks alot it's working now just fine as you can see

yet i'm wondering .. you said that you are gonna test it in the other topic

well " have you found anything wrong with that patch so far ? "

I don't use Windows 2000 anymore but during the time that I used that patch I didn't run into any problems. :)

well .. thanks for the past 10 hours the computer was running up and easy so i think that patch was OK ..

thanks again

yet have you thought about the other problem ?? ir didn't happen again yet i'm afraid it might !!?

It could simply be that certain versions of those softwares weren't crash tested with Windows 2000. Seeing how its market is on the way out, I'm not sure that many developers take the time to test application on Windows 2000. Let's just put that problem on buggy released versions. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back