TechSpot

2 rear speakers on inspire 5.1 wont play

By Durgess
May 29, 2004
  1. after getting a SB audigy plat i decided to pick up some 5.1 speakers today, the inspire 5.1 5200. after much tweaking i cant get the rear 2 speakers to work at all. ive tested them out in the surround mixer and they just wont play. i've checked the wiring and everything seems to be in order. am i doing something wrong, or are these speakers defective?

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

Welcome to TechSpot
    What happens when you connect those speakers to the front, do they play then?

3. Durgess

Durgess TS Rookie Topic Starter

they play. so the speakers work ok. thats a relief. still cant get the back 2 to play, however.

4. acidosmosis

acidosmosis TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,574

What motherboard are you using?

I just bought some Logitech Z640 5.1 speakers and had to download NVSWAP, which switches your Mic In, Line In, Spkr Out, etc. to be used as a Front L/R, Rear L/R, etc.

Then I had to download the updated Nforce2 drivers which included a utility called NVMixer which lets you tweak your speaker's settings, EQ, etc.

After that everything worked fine. (I had the same problem beforehand).

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.