2 Screens + Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrchu

Hi,

I have a dell tft monitor and a hdtv (running through component) which I'm using in a dual display setup through a 7800GTX. If I want to play the likes of WoW or HL2 on the HDTV and retain standard windows functionality (i.e have messenger etc.. running on the monitor) I have to run the game in a window on HDTV (but it can be maximised)...this has a seriously detrimental effect on the frame rate and browsing web pages etc.. affects the fps in the game....does anybody know of a way round this? or even a way to run in non-windowed while retaning standard OS functionality on the monitor? Perhaps even a second GPU?

Thanks for reading.

Chu

Although you have a good video card they aren't designed to run two things at once, thats where matrox comes into play. i've used 2x6600gt's in non-sli to run two things on different screens but that was each with its own allocated core for things and neither was a game. Also look at the two resolutions, i've read something about if you're running two of the same resolutions it can run well but running two different isn't good ex: 1280x1024+1280x800 which the card has to literally do things twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back