2046??? not 2048?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjbrand99

How come with my new factory PC, it displays that I have 2046mg RAM instead of 2048?
It is my second computer, not my sig comp, however it should have 2048 (2 sricks of 1gb)

Something might be using 2MB for itself. I'd say integrated graphics, but A) a PC with 2GB of RAM is unlikely to have integrated, and B) Integrated takes 32-128MB.

You have a bad sector and the PC is not using that section of your memory, therefore preventing BSOD overdosing from memory ram failure of the 3rd degree samuri warrior ninja zero one zero fight.

I dont know but hopefully you found that last bit somewhat humorous.

Dear god 2MB of memory is missing, i have 2046 also but w/e. It is fine.

I bought a 320gb HD, andit comes with 298GB formatted, kinda pisses me off thats like a 300GB drive not 320.

Good idea. Ill get back at you with that Howard.

Oh, and to HPCE_Larry and F1N3ST. It is not the amount of RAM missing, as 2mb is trivial, it is the point that this could indicate corrupt RAM or a system error! Common sense kills...

It is fine. I never paid much attention in XP, but now that I have Vista installed in my main machine it reports 2046 as well. and I know my RAM is good. I'm not worried about it.

I think the two megabytes are reserved for ACPI tables.

Some mainboards and operating systems may handle ACPI differently, so not every PC configuration has 2 MB "missing".

No matter what it is, 2MB doesn't make the slightest difference... after all you still have 2046MB left!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back