Solved 213.163.89.105 virus. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvmm

Whenever I search on Google ESET Smart Security and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware keep blocking attacks from the following ip-adresses:

213.163.89.105:80
213.163.89.106:80
213.163.89.107:80
78.47.248.116:80.

I scanned with ESET Smart Security and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and nothing found.

The most important thing is that Windows Update cannot connect and download updates (Error Code 80072EFE)

I would be very grateful if someone helps me too.

Here are all the created logs:

Malwarebytes:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4183

Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

10.06.2010 15:27:11
mbam-log-2010-06-10 (15-27-11).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 1630406
Time elapsed: 6 hour(s), 48 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

GMER:
DDS:
Attach:

Attachments

• Attach.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DDS.txt
    20.9 KB · Views: 4
  • gmer.log
    24.4 KB · Views: 5
Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt"
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

I ran ComboFix and it scanned my computer for about 10-20 minutes, restarted it several times to disable CD-ROM emulating software and to warn me about two active rootkits.
After finishing the scan, ComboFix did not create a file ComboFix.txt in C.
Instead, it created the following folders:
32788R22FWJFW (containing EN-US\cmd.cfxxe.mui)
CFLog (empty)
ComboFix (which has an icon of Computer and if I open it, it opens Computer)
QooBox (containing multiple files and folders)
symbols (containing multiple files and folders)
SymCache (containing multiple files)​
and files:
debug1214.txt
MPUsbSIn.log
and maybe bdlog.txt​

Delete your Combofix file, download fresh one, but rename combofix.exe to broni.com BEFORE saving it to your desktop.
Do NOT run it yet.

Please download and run the below tool named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) which may help allow other programs to run.

There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.

Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as Administrator

You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

* Rkill.com
* Rkill.scr
* Rkill.pif
* Rkill.exe

• * Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    * If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
    * A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
    * If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
    * If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
    * Do not reboot until instructed.
    * If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

Once you've gotten one of them to run then try to immediately run the following.

Now download and run exeHelper.

• * Please download exeHelper from Raktor to your desktop.
    * Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
    * A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
    * A log file named log.txt will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com
    * Attach the log.txt file to your next message.

Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).

Now, run broni.com

All the tools ran successfully. Here is the exeHelper log:

exeHelper by Raktor
Build 20100414
Run at 09:37:24 on 06/24/10
Now searching...
Checking for numerical processes...
Checking for sysguard processes...
Checking for bad processes...
Checking for bad files...
Checking for bad registry entries...
Resetting filetype association for .exe
Resetting filetype association for .com
Resetting userinit and shell values...
Resetting policies...
--Finished--

broni.com did not produce a ComboFix.txt or broni.txt, instead it produced a broni folder with the same computer icon in C:\. But curiously, that folder has 39,6 MB (41.545.885 bytes)

Download OTL to your Desktop.

* Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
* Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:

netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
CREATERESTOREPOINT

* Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows: OTL.txt and Extras.txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them back here.

Here are the OTL Logs attached.

Attachments

• Extras.Txt
    84.4 KB · Views: 2
  • OTL.Txt
    169.9 KB · Views: 3
Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

Code:
    :OTL
    SRV - File not found [On_Demand | Stopped] --  -- (WPFFontCache_v0400)
    SRV - File not found [Auto | Stopped] --  -- (PEVSystemStart)
    SRV - File not found [Auto | Stopped] --  -- (gupdate) Google Update Service (gupdate)
    O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (no name) - {C55BBCD6-41AD-48AD-9953-3609C48EACC7} - No CLSID value found.
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [combofix] C:\broni\CF7411.cfx File not found
    O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab (Reg Error: Key error.)
    O20 - HKLM Winlogon: VMApplet - (/pagefile) -  File not found
    O21 - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - CLSID or File not found.
    O33 - MountPoints2\{dfff0f10-eba4-11de-973b-001bdc0fc913}\Shell - "" = AutoRun
    O33 - MountPoints2\{dfff0f10-eba4-11de-973b-001bdc0fc913}\Shell\AutoRun\command - "" = I:\Installer.exe -- File not found
    [2010.06.17 19:50:11 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Symantec
    [2010.06.17 19:50:11 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\Norton
    [2010.06.17 19:50:10 | 000,000,000 | ---D | C] -- C:\ProgramData\NortonInstaller
    @Alternate Data Stream - 167 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\TEMP:CD30FA91

:Services

:Reg

:Files

:Commands
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [emptyflash]
    [resethosts]
    [Reboot]
  • Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
  • You will get a log that shows the results of the fix. Please post it.
  • Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply.

Here are the two logs:

Attachments

• OTL.Txt
    166.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 06272010_144406.log
    10 KB · Views: 1
How is your computer doing at the moment?

1. Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

2. Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Disable your active antivirus program.
2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
4. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
5. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:

• Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    [*] Archives
    [*] Mail databases
6. Click on My Computer under Scan.
7. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
8. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
9. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.

Nothing changed. I cannot update windows and the message with address blocked still appears.

I scanned with Kaspersky only Critical Areas, not My Computer and took nearly 8 hours.

I will perform a My Computer scan if really necessary, but it will take some days...

I attached the log of that scan.

Attachments

• ks.txt
    966 bytes · Views: 1
Delete broni.com, download fresh Combofix file. Rename it it to broni.com again and try to run it.
If you still can't run it, try safe mode.

Finally, I have successfully ran ComboFix and it created a log.
It warned me about a rootkit:
Service: WfpLwf
File: C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\ wfplwf.sys

Also it seems to have removed the rootkit, because now NOD doesn't give me any messages and Windows Update works.

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    33.1 KB · Views: 3
Very good :)

Note: If you have a previous version of TDSSKiller downloaded please delete it now and download a fresh copy using the links provided below

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
Extract its contents to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop.
Go to Start > Run (Or you can hold down your Windows key and press R) and copy and paste the following into the text field. (make sure you include the quote marks) Then press OK.

"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l C:\TDSSKiller.txt -v

If it says "Hidden service detected" DO NOT type anything in. Just press Enter on your keyboard to not do anything to the file.
When it is done, a log file should be created on your C: drive called TDSSKiller.txt please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

=======================================================================

Delete your GMER file, download fresh one and post new log.

Looks good :)

Uninstall Combofix:
Go Start > Run [Vista users, go Start>"Start search"]
Type in:
Combofix /Uninstall
Note the space between the "Combofix" and the "/Uninstall"
Click OK (Vista users - press Enter).
Restart computer.

=======================================================================

OTL Clean-Up
Clean up with OTL:

* Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
* Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
* On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
* Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

If you still have any tools or logs leftover on your computer you can go ahead and delete those off of your computer now.

===================================================================

Your computer is clean

1. We need to reset system restore to prevent your computer from being accidentally reinfected by using some old restore point(s). We'll create fresh, clean restore point.

Turn off System Restore:

- Windows XP:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click the System Restore tab.
4. Check "Turn off System Restore".
5. Click Apply.
6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
7. Click OK.
- Windows Vista and 7:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click the Computer icon, and then click Properties.
3. Click on System Protection under the Tasks column on the left side
4. Click on Continue on the "User Account Control" window that pops up
5. Under the System Protection tab, find Available Disks
6. Uncheck the box for any drive you wish to disable system restore on (in most cases, drive "C:")
7. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click "Turn System Restore Off" on the popup window to do this.
8. Click OK

2. Restart computer.

3. Turn System Restore on.

4. Make sure, Windows Updates are current.

5. If any Trojan was listed among your infection(s), make sure, you change all of your on-line important passwords (bank account(s), secured web sites, etc.) immediately!

6. Download, and install WOT (Web OF Trust): http://www.mywot.com/. It'll warn you (in most cases) about dangerous web sites.

7. Run defrag at your convenience.

8. Read How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic2520.html

9. Please, let me know, how is your computer doing.

Thank you for all your help! My computer is doing pretty well. Updates are working, anti virus is working, web browsing seems to be fine.
So, what was the problem i had been facing with?

You had a lot of infection, but we're able to fix you up :)
Good luck and stay safe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back