Inactive 213.163.89.106:80 On Google Search (My Own Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can gather i'm not the first person to have this issue. My nod32 is constantly telling me that they're blocking 213.163.89.106:80 on every google search. Earlier today I was infected with MalWare Doctor, a "browser enhancer", and three other malwares. It wasn't even letting me connect to the internet and so I did a system restore.

I have 7 files in quarantine but now I'm getting the constant blocked IP notification. I saw several "start here" posts but i'm not exactly sure which is the first that I should do. Spybot Search & Destroy hasn't located anything.

Any assistance would be appreciated:

Running: Windows Vista 32bit
Internet Explorer 8

I went over the steps and checked out my logs, tired all sorts of removal processes but it kept leaving little bits and pieces in various places. It seems to have been installed in conjunction with some nasty trojans so I did a wipe. Didn't want to risk accidental trasmission of any sensitive information. I cut the net as soon as I realized something was installing and didn't log into anything important. No passwords are saved on my computer. Do you think I should still have my passwords changed?

Any word yet on the origins of this virus? It seems to be popping up everywhere. I'm not even sure how I got it. I was just googling o_o;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back