22 Years On: Wolfenstein: The New Order Review

Jos

Staff
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/824-wolfenstein-the-new-order/]https://www.techspot.com/review/824-wolfenstein-the-new-order/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Looks to be a fun reboot of the series. I'll definitely be checking this one out soon.

I remember playing the original Wolf3D from a single 3.5" 1.44MB floppy disk on my 386. It still blows my mind how they got all 9 levels crammed into that little space. I'll have to check out this new one.

I remember playing the original Wolf3D from a single 3.5" 1.44MB floppy disk on my 386. It still blows my mind how they got all 9 levels crammed into that little space. I'll have to check out this new one.
Me too except I had a 286 at the time which I played it on.

I'll be sure to check out the game but first I'll wait a couple of weeks until it goes on sale and and it's been more or less patched up. I see no sense in paying pre release or release day prices regardless of whatever incentives they chuck in.
I see they recommend an i7 chip although they don't state any models that I could see but I'm sure my i5 4670K will do just fine.

Last edited:
Yeah, right, let's not be selfish, and finally let Nazi win the war...

God damn it...

Nazi's lost the war but fascist USA probably is unbeatable. 'Merica where only your rulers know it's fascist.

Screen tearing can be solved by using vertical sync. It's on by default in consoles, you should know this if you're going to write for a tech site.

Looks good but I am not shelling out 50 bucks for a mere 13 hours of game play and a semi-lube job of a story that I could do a better job of writing... $9 is more worth it on sale in a few years...

I'll be sure to check out the game but first I'll wait a couple of weeks until it goes on sale and and it's been more or less patched up. I see no sense in paying pre release or release day prices regardless of whatever incentives they chuck in.
I see they recommend an i7 chip although they don't state any models that I could see but I'm sure my i5 4670K will do just fine.
The i7 seems like a stretch. The i5 will probably be fine.

There's only screen tearing in the PC version, because the ******* who did the review didn't enable VSync, which should be on 100% of the time for any game. Having it off just makes your PC work harder for absolutely zero benefit, because your monitor can't display more than it's refresh rate.

There's only screen tearing in the PC version, because the ******* who did the review didn't enable VSync, which should be on 100% of the time for any game. Having it off just makes your PC work harder for absolutely zero benefit, because your monitor can't display more than it's refresh rate.

Not trying to start a fight with you or make you upset (you seem plenty exasperated already), but not all games run properly with V-Sync enabled. If you are looking for better frame rates, sometimes its better to disable V-Sync. Some people's preferences are different from your own. I have had a couple games that I had to turn V-Sync off in order to play the game the way I wanted it to run without problems. Example - Skyrim.
No need to call those people names (and if you really want to call them names, at least "man-up" to what your saying and Log in, so your not hiding behind the "Guest" name). In my opinion Mr. Fahey wrote a proper review for the game (he was not writing the review for the problems he had, but for you the reader to get a better understanding of the game itself). I was a fan of the original, and should be of this one also. Thank you Mr. Fahey for the review.

Remember how much "fun" it was setting up different config.sys & autoexec.bat files to get some of these games to work with soundblaster or soundblaster like sound cards, or getting the config.sys file right to get at least 604k of memory to run them?

I know Bethesda is mainly a single player game company, but there other games tend to be worth the $60 simply because after 15 hours your like 15% done with the game (that's if you hauled ***) why they think a game that most people have played through in less then 20 hours is worth $60 is beyond me. But non-the less the game looks great and fingers crossed it goes on the summer sale here on steam.

Back