TechSpot

24" Dell LCD $139.99

By fastco
May 25, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,591   +864

OK, the web page is telling me $169.95. Don't get me wrong, that's a really good price for a Dell monitor, but it isn't $139.95. Did I miss something?
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

it was 139.95 yesterday, i checked then.
  3. captaincranky

They did say it was a "limited time offer".
  4. cenner

cenner Newcomer, in training

Does 24" appear much bigger than 22"?
  5. captaincranky

Yes, a fair amount. But even if the monitor is @ the $160.00 price, that's pretty close to the cost of a 22" anyway!

One problem, ATM it's out of stock.

Everybody understands these are refurbished, do they not? That's not a reason not to buy it, just though I'd mention it.
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,525   +313

Besides the size of the screen you have to take resolution into consideration. Most 22" monitors are 1680x1050 while 24" models are 1920x1200.

That said, I remember paying about $900 or so for my Dell 24" monitor a few years ago, one way or the other it's a bargain.
  7. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,291   +263

I ordered 2 of them when this post was initially made @ $139 - keep in mind these are refurbs.
  8. ChinoNYC

ChinoNYC Newcomer, in training Posts: 102

That's funny because I just checked and the current price is $159.99
  9. captaincranky

It seems you needed to be really quick on the click!
    That said, it's probably an IPS panel (.) (!) or (?) Likely these noobies are TN.
  10. juda

juda Newcomer, in training

Beautiful thanks a lot!

11. LNCPapa

The 248 is an TN monitor - but it's a great monitor if you just need lots of real estate but not near perfect color accuracy. They are decent monitors that support HDCP as well.
  12. captaincranky

Are you kidding? Some of my best friends are TN monitors. I just wanted to illustrate the fact that many of the older monitors were quite expensive for a distinct reason, the better panels. Which incidentally, one of the last surviving ones may have bit the dust, the Samsung 30 incher. Newegg had 'em, but Samsung's website said they were "not longer available".
  13. LNCPapa

Both of my 248s that arrived are dead. I recently RMA'd these but have yet to hear anything back. Anyone have similar stories to share about this deal?
  14. captaincranky

It's been a week. Have you heard anything, or is it time to call the "dispute resolution" number on your credit card?
  15. LNCPapa

Going to give them one last call today - if I don't hear something good then I will be disputing it and I'll make sure everyone here knows whether or not to ever deal with this company.
  16. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

$131.99 this morning. I ordered one.
    These are very good Samsung monitors in a Dell logo. I expect they will be worth the money. They are repaired Samsungs. Screens are great, but they are not very adjustable up and down or side to side.
  17. MCTaylor

MCTaylor Newcomer, in training

$131.99 this afternoon
  18. LNCPapa

They credited my money back including shipping. I was kind of hoping they'd send me 2 more working monitors - guess I'll just have to place another order. The Squaretrade warranty thing was kinda screwy - they tried to credit that back via paypal instead of directly to the credit card I paid them with. Decided to just eat the $20 loss on that one instead of attaching a pp account to this CC.
  19. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Well, it is really a Samsung that sells for $114.99 where I live.
  20. treetops

treetops TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,661   +57

(Product only available to Platinum members)
    I bet its pretty easy to achieve plat stat, but its still discouraging. I am looking for a upgrade from this 19 inch lcd, it only has a vga plug in. Well in a week or 2. Its not even displaying a price for me.
  21. levar

levar Newcomer, in training Posts: 232

Very nice! Thanks for sharing
  22. MaXtor

MaXtor Newcomer, in training Posts: 90

There`s some crazy deals on that site. Anyone here from Canada that has ordered from Ecost?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.