24" LCD - $279 + Free S/H - Soyo 24DYLM24D6 - Ends 04/26/08

By Rick
Apr 16, 2008
  1. Edit 04/20/08: The price has been lowered yet again to $279.99!
    Offer good until April 26th, 2008.

Update: I've been using it for over a week now. I'm very happy with it. I'm going to see if I can get a price match for my purchase last week. :)

Update: Office Max gave me the $30 adjustment. So the monitor only cost me $279.99, even though I paid $299 for it. I was also able to turn in 5 used ink cartridges for an additional $15 off and could have (if I had one) used the $30 off $150 coupons they mail out regularly. Maybe next time. :)

I've been using mine for two days (Picked it up at the store). It's great. Probably the best thing about this is it is NOT a TN Panel. It is a MVA panel. This means it is has a great viewing angle and the colors stay bright and true no matter what angle you're looking at it from. It's the only MVA panel I'm aware of in the sub $400 price range that is 24".

$100 off of $399 = $299 with free S/H (Expired 04/19/08)

I can't attest to how long the monitor will last, but the screen is fantastic, the OSD is pretty intuitive and it is wall-mountable from the back. Comes with a 1-year warranty.

• 24" Widescreen SXGA TFT LCD Display
    • 1920 x 1200 Native Screen Resolution
    • 1000:1 Contrast Ratio
    • 6ms Response Time
    • 500 nits Brightness
    • 2 x 2 Watt Stereo Speakers
    • 170 degrees Horizontal, 160 degrees Vertical Viewing Angle
    • 40,000 Hour backlight lifespan (typical)
    • 15-pin mini D-sub VGA and DVI-D connections
    • AC 100-240 Volts, 60 / 50 Hz Voltage, 100 Watts (max) Power Consumption
    • 1-Year Limited warranty on LCD, parts and labor. SOYO S.A.F.E. Program

** The box claims 3 ms and 400 nits brightness
  2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,466   +1,760

Rick, Is this monitor HDCP capable?
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

I would really like to get this with my $300 economic stimulus rebate, but I just can't justify it, I don't know what I'd do with my current setup.
  4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,261   +92

You would give it to me, of course, SNGX1275.
  5. captaincranky

In God We Trust....George Bush...Meh, I Don't Think So.......

Actually, I think you're supposed to buy the monitor with the economic stimulus check, and then charge a new desktop to begin the economic healing process. We can't expect the government to get us out of this slump just by simply printing more money.
  6. captaincranky

Believe it or Not......!

Office Max has actually DROPPED the price of this monitor! It's $279.95 for this week....! (4/20-4/26)

SNGX1275, now you would actually get change from you stimulus check! Well...., at least break even with the sales tax!
  7. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 4,573   +65

No, although there is a 26" KDS at Newegg for $399 which HDCP compatibility, if you are looking for a big screen at a good price. It has pretty good reviews - at least the ones I can find although I have no clue what it looks like person.
  8. captaincranky

Well.....It's mine now...

So I went out and bought one of these, and from 2 feet away it is quite a viewing experience.

Rick, I always tell myself I'm going to install a tuner in my PCs, but I never do.

Which makes me really delighted with the Soyo.

There are actually 2 different "boxes" for this monitor; 1 says 500 nits and 6ms response, the other 400 nits and 3ms response.

Another forum/review site was alleging that some of these were MVA and some were TN panels. Mine looks terrific at a much greater angle off axis than my 3 Westinghouses, so I'm happy and I'm going to shut up now.
  9. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,379

Wow, I thought you'd never shut up.

Lol, anyway, if I weren't getting my truck with my stimulus package (hoping to god I do get it) I would get it. You see, I am 15, and have my Mothers social security coming in, so I am supposed to be able to get it. I worry that they will refuse me the money, though. I met all requirements, though.
  10. Blind Dragon

Blind Dragon TS Evangelist Posts: 3,908

New or Refurb?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.