24MB/sec broadband this summer

By etones
Aug 16, 2005
  1. broadband speeds reaching 24Mb/sec will be available in the uk, with users in london the first to access a new service from be unlimited. the company is currently installing its equipment in a number of BT exchanges and claims the service will go online in the capital from august. a number of other areas across the UK have also been earmarked for the super-fast ADSL2+ product.
  2. Luck Not Skill

Luck Not Skill TS Rookie

i wouldn't like to think how much thats gonna cost :O
  3. tom_pearson

tom_pearson TS Rookie Posts: 47

I read something like this in new scientist. apparently the UK will soon be totally overhauled with one of the fastest internet/communication systems in the world. probably incorperating voice/video etc. sounds promising to me! but if BT have anything to do with it then... well.... we may need to wait!
  4. etones

etones TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 146

2megs good enough for me well
  5. danielb

danielb TS Rookie Posts: 19

Im supposed to getting an upgrade to 2meg, demon's taking forever :mad:
  6. etones

ive just upgraded to 2meg, im on wanadoo (AKA - freeserve). whats your isp
  7. danielb

^ demon. Its free so i aint moaned at them yet.
  8. etones

your broadbands free or the upgrade.
  9. danielb

lol i wish £19.99 uncapped 2mb
  10. Mikael

Mikael TS Rookie Posts: 277

It would be great to see you guys go from dialup that disconnected every two hours to 24MB/sec broadband. :) I can only wait and hope that companies in the U.S. start offering faster broadband services.
  11. etones

mines dear but you get lots of free software that usually cost a lot if you buy it for a shop with it, you get virus scan, spyware killer, spam killer, firewall, and some other things. for £27.99 with 30GB limit but i never go over that anyway. and also they may be upgrading the speed to 8meg soon. there testing already and i have just upgraded to 2meg

i use to have free dialup it was great (i dont mean the speed, i mean the price)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.