25C temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agi_shi

Is it AT ALL possible that my CPU right now is idling at 25C? That's what Everest is telling me.

My other temps are:
40 - GPU
37 - Mobo
32 - HDD

My CPU is an Athlon64 X2 3800+. It has never crashed even while playing Prey on max. settings, so I guess it's low, but THAT low?

1.Are you using Liquid cooling?
2. Is your room air conditioned? because 25C is 77F
3. Maybe you have a lot of fans or your computer is in a BTX case?

Lol.

GeekieNick101 said:
1.Are you using Liquid cooling?
2. Is your room air conditioned? because 25C is 77F
3. Maybe you have a lot of fans or your computer is in a BTX case?
1. I wish, lol :). I don't even have an idea how liquid cooling works :).
2. Yesterday, yes. Today, no. It's 25 C in the kitchen, so I guess it's about 20 C here.
3. I have one front intake, one back exhaust, one gfx card back exhaust (it's fan exhausts through a second PCI slot), and a PSU exhaust. I also have a side air duct, maybe that is somehow it???

It's probably just measuring it wrong :).

Yeah I tihnk your sensor or the program is measuring wrong because just the CPU seems colder than the rest, I dont know which program you are using but here is one alled SpeedFan it tells you how fan your fans are spinning and tells you all the temps blue down arrows meand below normal, green check mark good, red arrow up means hotter than normal and fire means way hot http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php I hope this helped

I dont know if that is possible with your processor but it might be. My old Northwood idled at 23C and loaded at 29C. I dont know how that can happen but every program I tried and the BIOS all seemed to agree on that temp.

I'd have to say that it is possible for sensors to die. My dads computer reads with multiple programs that his processor is running at usually around 50F when temp in room is about 70-75f and its got one fan on cpu heatsink and one on back of case. Also it starts up saying that the processor is running at about -300 degrees f.

Software sensor readings arn't always accurate. Physical temp probes are, followed by actualy reading it from the BIOS. Use them only as a rough guide..
25`C is possible if:
1. You have good airflow in your case, Dust is cleaned out, cables tidied out
2. Your environment is nice and cool
3. Your heatsink is of good quality, or your fan on that CPU-HS is running rediculously fast...
4. if not all of the above, then you have a good cooling system.

As he already said already said in coms (which I am sure he means BIOS IMO) that the temp is 45C. Wich is standerd temp for that cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back