2nd 6600 no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlmassie

hello,this is my first post to this forum, hopefully someone can help me. i bought a 2nd identical rosewill 6600 pcie video card from newegg this week, since then been trying to get the drivers install so i can run in sli, it starts to install them then when the screen goes off then back on windows xp locks up then i have to manually reset the computer. :cool:

You can test it by removing the first Rosewill card and replacing it with the new one and just run one (for testing purposes). What brand, model and wattage is your power supply? It might be too weak to run two graphics cards.

re: 6600 no good?

thanks for the reply, i have a soyotech 460 w sli ready psu, i have switched the video cards, no change. my specs are: epox 8npa sli, amd 64 3000, 512 mb corsair xms, soyotech 460 watt sli ready, liteon dvdplayer & 16x liteon cd burner, & thermaltake venus 12 for cooling.

Did I understand correctly that you tried each one in single mode? Some others might have other ideas but to me if one card works in single mode and the other doesn't work in single mode, I would suspect a bad card, especially if you go back and forth to confirm it. Then I would contact Newegg for possible RMA.

re: 6600 no good?

thanks mailpup, yes ihave switched both cards out numerous times and tried to install the drivers as many times but every time winxp locks up when it tries to install the 2nd video card, it does't matter which card is in the 2nd slot, the 1st card installs just fine, based on that i'm thinking the problem is in the mb, maybe the 2nd slot is bad?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back