2nd computer in 2 weeks, 0x40000080 stop code

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hours on the phone with Dell, I'm really hoping someone here can help...

We bought a Dell Inspiron desktop 2 weeks ago. From day 1, we would get a blue screen with stop code 0x40000080. Dell did exchange the computer, we hooked up the new one last night, and have already had the dreaded blue screen 3 times since then.

Isn't it odd that 2 computers would give the same error code? Now I'm wondering if it's something besides the computer itself.

Does anyone have any insight?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together and attach them here.

You can find your minidumps in c:/windows/minidumps

Note. Techspot has a limit of 100kB per attachment, so you may need to attach several zip files.

I have 5 attached (if I attached them correctly) - thank you so much!

Jeanna.

Attachments

• Mini021008-03.zip
    94.7 KB · Views: 15
Inside the minidumps:

-----------------------
BugCheck 40000080, {89cff6a0, 89797b48, ba4d3bb8, 1}
Unable to load image e1e5132.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1e5132.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1e5132.sys
Probably caused by : e1e5132.sys

BugCheck 40000080, {89cd2550, 896be828, ba4c7e5c, 1}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1e5132.sys

BugCheck 40000080, {89c01390, 89671378, ba4d7e5c, 1}

BugCheck 40000080, {89bea130, 89681828, ba4c7e5c, 1}

BugCheck 40000080, {89c4c130, 89659b48, 805502b8, 1}
-------------------

E1E5132.SYS is related to Intel(R) PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 5.1 deserialized driver.
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
www.intel.com

I would suggest for you to update your Network card drivers

Thank you for helping.

I updated the network card last night, and this morning a blue screen was waiting for me again. I have 2 more minidumps attached, but one may be from before I updated the network card; the other is after though.

Do these show anything new/different?

Attachments

• Mini021108-01.zip
    40.9 KB · Views: 7
Both minidumps give the same error as before citing the same probable cause. You are the second person in as many days that has had this problem with this driver.

It could be that you need a new network card.

Since the computer always seemed to go to the BSOD after being in stand by mode, I changed it so it never goes into stand by, and for now the crashing has seemed to stop.

Is there any detriment to not allowing the computer to hibernate or go into stand by mode?

Add another to the list having problem with e1e5132

I too just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 530 and have an identical problem as jandkk. Mine crashes 2 - 3 times a day when I go into standby mode. Have talked to Dell three times about this problem. We replaced the drivers and reloaded the Chipset. Still have the problem. All dumps show e1e5132.sys as probable cause. Have you had the problem again since you stopped going in standby mode?

Well, first I would use a driver from Intel itself, and NOT Dell. Dell has pretty old drivers usually. See if that fixes the issue. A quick search suggests your card is an Intel Gigabit adapter. This is the link to a driver for the Intel 100/1000 M. . You may want to verify this model by looking in your device manager. Start > 'Start search' > devmgmt.msc and look under the Network section to see what exactly is installed.

Try that and see what happens. There is a good possibility that the BSOD may really be triggered by something else, which is related to your network card.

Problem fixed

I spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with Dell the other night but it seems to have been worth it. The outcome was to reinstall the virus program Trend Micro and then drivers for the Video Card. This seems to have fixed my problem that was happening at least 3 times a day. Hope this helps others having a problem with the Dell Inspiron 530..

Help---blue screen error

As has everyone else---I am getting that same blue screen error. Spent the last 4 weeks back and forth with Dell, redoing just about everything and they basically do not have a clue!!! They actually came to this site for help!!! That is where I got the idea to check for myself.
Can any body help???

Hi gfersmom :wave:
I'm glad to hear Dell use TechSpot :)

Actually jandkk, supplied his MiniDumps (which are highly likely different to yours)

You will need to create a new thread just for you

Before creating the thread, do all of the following:
  • Please put all your System Specs in your Profile
  • In the Mobo field, type in "Dell and (Model Number)
  • Attach your MiniDumps (preferably zipped up) from c:\windows\Minidump
  • Go to Event Viewer (In Control Panel-->Admin. Tools) and copy down any event at time of crash
  • Write down any message that the Blue Screen gives (ie referring to any MS error number)
  • Create a new thread (with attachments) here--> https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu15.html
  • You may also want to confirm all your Dell Drivers are up to date, HERE
  • Also, running a full Antivirus scan, before post. May help too

Do Not Reply here, just create a new thread (making sure all the above is completed first)

Second Dell Computer, both with blue screens

Mr. Jandkk, My name is Paul known as Popsie. I too have received two computers from Dell, the Inspiron 530 with the nvidia GeForce 8300 GS vidio card. I keep getting Random blue screens on both computers . Dell support has not been able to fix. Error code is 40000080, 89c6d130, and so on. Any suggestions from you are from Tech Spot

Popsie

I have the same issue. I also have the second Dell inspiron 530 from Dell. Three hours on the phone and nothing.

Can someone who earlier responded about the security software and the drivers please explain this to me in simple terms like step 1, unload, etc.

We don't know for sure if your errors are caused by the same issues as the original poster. I suggest that you scroll up to kimsland's las post in this thread and follow the steps.

1. Follow kimsland's steps.

2. Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc (exactly as spelled) from the Run box (which can be found in your start menu).

3. Attach your minidump files to your next post. It would be much better if you would start your own thread. My Computer> C Drive > Windows Folder> Minidump Folder > and inside are the Minidump Files. See the Attachment button at the bottom of your posting and attach these files accordingly. If you have 5 Zip them together.

I had the exact same issue as jandkk. First computer was exchanged by Dell and 2nd one did the same thing. My last action was to send this thread to them saying that there is a problem out there. I have found a much newer driver at the Intel site than what was on the Dell site. I have updated the driver and waiting for the BSOD to show or not. Download link from above was for Vista only. You can click on additonal download button and get to drivers for XP (#2) and XP Pro (#7). I follow-up on this if it works or if it doesn't. If it does work--Dell will need to change there production process to include the latest driver

seconds after my last post, I put the PC in standby mode. When if came out--BSOD! Guess the Intel driver update did nothing for the situation. Has anyone resolved this issue?

Hibernation and standby mode with Vista has been a constant and I have seen this especially with Dells.

Attach your minidumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back