2x512 OC'ing Ballistix or 2x1GB generic samsung/micron/infineon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

Im deciding whether to upgrade from 2x512 Generic Samsung RAM to 2x512 OC'ing Crucial Ballistix or 2x1GB Generic Samsung (or Micron or Infineon, whichever is best)

I tend to play the new games that eat up ram and sell them afterwards but the only game i really constantly play is CS:Source, which we all kno needs no more than 1GB of ram..

I have my CPU OC'ed to 2.2ghz and my current ram is on running on a divider. i read on on AT.com that the cost to get quality OC'ing ram is not worth the 5-10% overall performance increase over non OCing ram (of the same size)

my question is, should i go ahead n spend $190 on 2GB of ram or $150 on 1GB of OC'ing ram.. ?

Is this for an Intel CPU or AMD?

2GB of value ram would probably make more sense than 1GB of high performance ram with an AMD CPU. Intel CPUs will benefit more from additional memory bandwidth.

personally I wouldn't spend the money......but then again, I'll never overclock again after burning up CPUs and memory....

go with Ballistix... i have got 2 x 512Mb Dual Channel Crucial Ballistix RAM and its top notch...

dual channel it and you should be cooshdy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back