3,3 Voltage Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

When executing repeated memory read/writes to RAM, the 3.3 voltage monitor drops below 2.96 volts according to ASUS Probe. Lockups result. Is this due to a faulty/underpowered Power supply, the motherboard, the monitor or what??...

Karaban

the psu is at fault here. it is quite possible to have bad sensors, but if the machine locks up that is a clear indication of a psu problem.

give us some specs on your system and i could reccomend any number of good psus to choose from. remember that you want a name brand high quality model.

Here the specs:

350W psu unit
Asus P5P800 with Intel 530 3,0 GHz processor
512 DDR 400 RAM
120 GB HDD
Geforce 5600 128MB video card
PCTV PCI TV card
LG DVD-RAM
LG DVD-ROM

I have the same problem while doin tests to RAM memory or video card, and both are runnig with 3,3V motherboard bus. Tests are running well (and everything is marking ok) but I think that then psu is overheating and system locksup.

Thank you for the reply. Karaban.

i reccomend getting a psu rated for at least 420w, remember to heed my previous advice on which models to choose.

The PSU is certainly likely, but there's a huge misconception about how much power is really needed to run a system. I guess all those cheesy, off-brand PSUs have really given people a scare.

Recommended wattage calculator
http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

I just wanted to recommend you keep an open mind and realize the PSU may not be at fault (although it very well could be). A failing motherboard might be responsible as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back