3 Firefox problems !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I have 3 Firefox problems which have been bugging me and I couldn't get rid of them.

1. The search box in firefox doesn't work. I tried to add an extra search engine and it just got screwed up. Now whenever I type a search query in the searchbox, it just doesn't work.

2. Can't see the download progress. Whenever I try to download something it doesn't show me the progress at all. If I try to press ctrl + J it shows the downloads window but it's empty and I know the download is on since there is a temp file present on the desktop. (default download location).

3. This is really buggy cause I can't download or save any images. The right click menu is screwed up and is just filled with stupid stuff.

I have Windows XP service pack 2 installed.

I would love to give any extra info about this (if required) and even snapshots too.

Thanks,

Shanky

I think you need to scan for malware. Dl AVG 7.5 (anit-virus) and AVG Anit-spyware. Both are free. After they scan and disinfect your machine un-install FF and reinstall it.

kirock said:
I think you need to scan for malware. Dl AVG 7.5 (anit-virus) and AVG Anit-spyware. Both are free. After they scan and disinfect your machine un-install FF and reinstall it.

Hi there,

Well I have scanned the whole PC with NOD32 antivirus and it is up to date !
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling FF many times but it doesnt work.

I even tried to delete the firefox folder after it was uninstalled but even that didn't work ..

infact when I reinstall it again .. the same problems occur ...

Sounds to me like you don't know your way around Firefox!

Search: FF uses Google as the default. You can right click on the Toolbar> Customize and drag Google to the Toolbar. IF you have an Internet connection, when you click on Search to the right of the search box, the search should begin. But realize this is a search box, not an Address Box. They are different and work differently. If you want to type in a URL, do it in the Address Box, not a search box.

Downloads: Tools> Downloads> Maximize the Window and you will see all your downloads.

Going to the Tools> Options> Main section> Download section> check 'show download progress' will allow you to see the progress.

For images, please define "screwed up" on the right click Context menu.

If you're installing 2.0.0.11, try putting 2.0.0.9 on instead, some people have been experiencing problems with the 11 version.

Bobbye said:
Sounds to me like you don't know your way around Firefox!

Search: FF uses Google as the default. You can right click on the Toolbar> Customize and drag Google to the Toolbar. IF you have an Internet connection, when you click on Search to the right of the search box, the search should begin. But realize this is a search box, not an Address Box. They are different and work differently. If you want to type in a URL, do it in the Address Box, not a search box.

Downloads: Tools> Downloads> Maximize the Window and you will see all your downloads.

Going to the Tools> Options> Main section> Download section> check 'show download progress' will allow you to see the progress.

For images, please define "screwed up" on the right click Context menu.

I am not a pro at using Firefox but my basics are good. I know that I put the search string "not" in the address bar and in the "search" bar. When you press enter it shows you the results of the search string that you typed in the search box.

Now what I am saying is like say the search box was sort of dead!

There is a box where you can enter the search string what you need to find, but it just doesnt work no matter how many times you press enter.

About the downloads progress thing, the setting that you told me is already there and then also I am facing this problem.

And about the saving images thing, I think I'll post a screenshot of the menu to make it more clear.

Thanks,

Shanky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back