3 monitor setup

steelth

I have a 430gt with 3 monitor hooked to it , but I can only display on 2 .So is there a program that is good to use . to make all 3 display at the same time . So I can play games on 1 and have the on another and maybe run something else on the other?

Well I do believe the GT 430 only supports up to 2 monitors running at the same time if im not mistaken, im looking on NVidia.com and it seems to be so. However if you are running on an Intel Processor, you can set it to support a third monitor by plugging into the Intel HD on board graphics to get a third monitor going.

I can hook up all 3 to the 430 and see them but ya, I can only pick 2 to use and I'm using a amd, I didn't know if there was a program that would let me use all 3 .hook up as in dvi,hdmi, and vga

Just because there's 3 connectors on the back of the card doesn't mean you can run 3 monitors. Nvidia's website doesn't say how many monitors it can run, but considering their higher end GPUs only support 2 monitors I think it's safe to say your GT 430 can only support 2.

You can try using your onboard graphics as Ghostryder suggested.

Ok, I really should get a new card before long anyway , any ideas on a cheap 1 that does support 3 monitors?

HD 7750 is a good choice that supports three monitors with ease and you can get one now for at cheapest 50 bucks.

Or if your motherboard has more than one PCI-E slot you could just get any card for your primary gaming display and use your existing GT 430 for the other two.

Back