3 Simple Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve05

I'm a new admin for library's computer in my school.But I need some help for some tweak to make it secure and free from unscrupulous student to spamming and hacking those comp

1.How do I disable download (exe,mp3,avi.......) from the internet browser in guest account and have access to most legal internet site?

2.One of the computer can install software eventhough it's under "guest" account,I suspect that some crap had cracked it .I do not one to format the whole computer,How do I uncrack it and immunize it from being crack again?

3.Again on browser (IE,FIREFOX), How do I block users from accessing Internet Options(in the guest account?

Urgently need help here...may god bless you ;)

You are going to have to reconfigure the User options on that computer .First and formost is to DISABLE the Guest account. It automatically gives "Everybody " permissions on that Computer .
Next you will need to run an Anti virus ,Adaware , Spybot and HJT (you can instruction elsewhere in this Forum, above)
Then I recommend learning about User accounts to configure them to be relatively safe in an environment like yours.You can limit/protect for everything you spoke about.
However, in order to do that , you must first immunize that computer to make sure it is Clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back