3 video card install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a computer with on board video card.I installed 1 PCI NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 128 MB card to add
monitor which went with no problem and works fine. Well, i wanted to add 1 more monitor so I put in one more
PCI NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000, this time 64 MB and when I "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor"
and reboot , my primary monitor would not display anything and my secondary monitor gets to the phase of displaying
the start up options and that is where I have no idea what to do, if I choose normal start up , it won't start so I go with the last known working settings, so I never got the third monitor working. In properties session my both cards show 128 MB
(even though one is 64 MB I think it never gave me chance to download driver for the 3 monitor). When I highlight the icon for each monitor and click identify button I get big number 2 for each monitor ? In device manager/ adapter display no exlamation
marks. THANKS
AMD Athlon 64 3400 +
1.81 GHz
896 RAM
windows xp
1. on board SiS 760
2. NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 128 MB
3. NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 64 MB :hotouch:

Windows is probably confused by your identical hardware. (Identical as in the cards are the same type)

BTW, there are many video cards out there with two outputs giving you two displays from one card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back