3-Way Mechanical RGB Keyboard Battle

After using a full sized keyboard for a couple years and gaming on it I feel ready for a 60% board.
This full size is starting to feel a little bulky and I would like some deskspace back and be able to have my mouse hand closer in while gaming.

Notice all these RGB keyboards have color bleeding between keys. The Logitech G910 Orion does not!

Purchased a Blackwidow V2 with yellow switches last month. The wrist wrest is what makes the board. I usually avoid wrist rests due to them being uncomfortable (doesn't help that most of them are plastic), but the one Razer packaged with the V2 is solid. Probably the biggest reason to go for the Razer over the Corsair.

After using a full sized keyboard for a couple years and gaming on it I feel ready for a 60% board.
This full size is starting to feel a little bulky and I would like some deskspace back and be able to have my mouse hand closer in while gaming.
I agree and I'm currently looking into ordering the corsair K63 compact. Check it out

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XC1WNP...UTF8&colid=20BL3CAGE0OXN&coliid=IR6C3TAR5LV9J

I went the K65 and its really nice! No RGB or macro keys, just a short mech keyboard. The only thing I can complain about is that I miss the number pad now and again. When doing anything with numbers the key pad is the way to go. Instead of getting a dedicated pad I will just get a new one with a pad and use the K65 for travel.

Last I had checked the K70 RGB was not available in MX Blue switches, their site doesn't show them as available and after having spoken to a rep two months ago at Lan ETS here in Montreal they will not be available any time soon. Apparently there are issues associated in making the MX Blue Switches RGB and the "industry" is moving away from clicky keys in general, I chuckled and told him I guess I'll be moving away from Corsair peripherals in that case, he was not amused. Really however it's unfortunate for me, I really like the look and overall appeal of the K70, it's a real nice keyboard, it just doesn't come in the key switches I want. Sadly I'm not at all impressed with Razer's knock of switches, side by side the first gen Blackwidow with MX blue switches and the Chroma with their in house Greens are not nearly close enough to call them equivalent, even after the years of use and abuse my OG Blackwidow still feels far superior. The MX switches are just crisper and feel higher quality in every way.

Vanguard K08 act like membrane maybe? Is it similar to a second gen G15?

I was looking for K70/K95 with MX Silent but not available. :-(

I've only ever pecked at the latest gen RGB keyboards, but even with that inconsequential "testing" nothing beats the feel of my original Razer BlackWidow Ultimate! There is one thing, however, that would push me toward one of these keyboards -- Razer's ridiculous requirement that the Synaptic configuration and macro software must connect to the internet. I don't mind receiving an occasional ad from Razer, and registration isn't necessarily a bad thing. But, when I have to connect to the internet to save my customizations, that's going a bridge too far.

Unfortunately, this review doesn't tell us if any of the software is independent of the net.

I've only ever pecked at the latest gen RGB keyboards, but even with that inconsequential "testing" nothing beats the feel of my original Razer BlackWidow Ultimate! There is one thing, however, that would push me toward one of these keyboards -- Razer's ridiculous requirement that the Synaptic configuration and macro software must connect to the internet. I don't mind receiving an occasional ad from Razer, and registration isn't necessarily a bad thing. But, when I have to connect to the internet to save my customizations, that's going a bridge too far.

Unfortunately, this review doesn't tell us if any of the software is independent of the net.
Why would they do that? I don't get it. Cloud saves and syncing? Or they selling your keystroke data?

That is still too much keyboard for me. I got my eye on the Pok3r RGB. Yeah I said RGB, idk why peopl ehate on RGB so much. You can always turn them off or customize them, its not like they are stuck on rainbow.
I would totally buy that but I use the media keys a lot while listening to spotify

I bought a Corsair Strafe RGB Silent and took it back after a couple of days. It's a well-built thing that lights up all pretty, but it's not at all silent, the media keys were useless for quick changes and the deal-breaker was the close distance between keys, making me constantly mistype things.

Mechanical keyboards... hummmm... I'm not that hipster, I'm not that nerd. I can't type $hit unless I use a flat keyboard.

Vanguard K08 act like membrane maybe? Is it similar to a second gen G15?

I was looking for K70/K95 with MX Silent but not available. :-(

To be honest the "silent" part is actually bullcrap. It's not silent at all. Compared to the other MX switches, they're quieter, but not even close to silent. If the Strafe would come in membrane or actually BE silent, then I would love to get one. The keys are also too close together.

Back