takaboku

Who's going to be there with me on opening day for 'The 300'? I am looking forward to seeing this movie!!(and yes, I saw the original back in the 60's).

I'm not expecting the movies to win an Oscar, but I do hope it's a good, good movie( i really hate droppin' 20 bucks on a so-so or a bad movie:mad: ).

If it was like Frank Miller's novel, it would be good.

But it's not - there are the usual Hollywood things added to it, such as queen Gorgo. In the novel she says only a couple of sentences on one page. That's all, no more is needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some token guys as well (black, asian, or whatever "minority" has to be pleased this time).

'The 300' This is the answer I received when enquiring about train times at Amsterdam Main Railway Station some years ago......I didn't understand it then but maybe this movie will hold the key. Can't wait.

“…but large portions of the movie were made under Linux.”
“Frank Miller is attached as an executive producer and consultant…and was shot mostly in bluescreen to mimic the original comic book.”

I think it will be grand.

almac46 said:
'The 300' This is the answer I received when enquiring about train times at Amsterdam Main Railway Station some years ago......I didn't understand it then but maybe this movie will hold the key. Can't wait.
No, that would be a train that goes 300 km/h :p

I think it will be really good, or really over the top bad.

But am I willing to take that risk? Yea.

Well..... im going to check it out when it comes here. Hey, takaboku, 20 bucks to see a movie (£10) where do you go to see movies? HM royal cinema???
Although in saying that I have payed 18 quid to see a movie in Leicester Square, and that was a s***y small screen anyway, AND i know that it costs alot more in other parts of London.

Oh, and almac46, where bouts in Fife do you live? I am intruiged... I used to live there and am curious. PM me.

Hey Sjbrand99. I only go to AMC 24 to see movies. As for the 10quid, a ticket, popcorn and a drink cost 19 bucks. When I saw the first movie back in the 60's, it cost me less than dollar for everything and I got candy too.

Inflation eh? And over here EVERYTHING is expensive... thats why Brits like going on holiday because everywhere seems cheap compared to home. lol

I loved the graphic novel and the movie seems as good. Will go for it the day it releases here. :grinthumb

I didn't even know about till a couple of days ago when everyone was talking about it at lunch. When i said i didn't know anything about it they were in aw. I went home and "youtubed" the trailer, and wasn't impressed..at all. I guess it's just not kind of movie..idk.

Sjbrand99 said:
Inflation eh? And over here EVERYTHING is expensive... that's why Brits like going on holiday because everywhere seems cheap compared to home. lol

But you do have free medical... I'm going to San Diego this year and New York City next year and things are not cheap in either city. Heck, gas here has gone back up to $2.40 a gal:mad:

twite said:
I didn't even know about till a couple of days ago when everyone was talking about it at lunch. When i said i didn't know anything about it they were in aw. I went home and "youtubed" the trailer, and wasn't impressed..at all. I guess it's just not kind of movie..idk.
It's based on a graphic novel written by Frank Miller, the same guy who wrote Sin City. If you liked Sin City's disturbing, violent noir-style vision then you might like 300 as well.

No way!
I lived in Easter Kirkton. My House looked over the Tay on to the *beautiful* view of Dundee. Lol.
Wierd eh? Few posters here from Scotland and we happen to know the location.

What kind of movies do you like??

It's more like what kind of movies don't i like, that would narrow it down a whole lot more. I don't like sword fighting type movies (sorry for my ignorance if there is a name for those). I personally think that they are just waaay to boring, and way to predictable. I also find sword fighting very boring mostly because the same thing always happens in the end, but also in part because it is way overused in movies. Instead of putting any storyline in, they just have a bunch of people fighting the whole time. I know there is more to the movie then just sword fighting (obviously)..but idk..just not interested.

twite said:
I don't like sword fighting type movies (sorry for my ignorance if there is a name for those).

Known as "action" movies. Lol

*Offence not intended*

Personally, I am really into my movies and can sit back and watch almost anything, however thrillers are my fav. Being in the film industry myself I am interested in this thread, however I do have my doubts about the 300.

Agreed, however the "Predictability" part remais a constant in action weather it is sword, guns, or futuristic lasers!

Sjbrand99 said:
Known as "action" movies. Lol

*Offence not intended*

Personally, I am really into my movies and can sit back and watch almost anything, however thrillers are my fav. Being in the film industry myself I am interested in this thread, however I do have my doubts about the 300.

I like all types of movies: action, chick flicks, scifi, mysteries, thrillers and old classics. I don't like the gore movies. I saw the 1st "saw" and didn't care for it too much. The main reason I want to see "The 300" is it sorta, at least to me, like a landmark film in a small way. It might be like when I saw my first movies in color, The Wizard of Oz(for the longest time i couldn't stand monkeys..), King Kong, my first James Bond film, the spaghetti westerns, The Wild Bunch with blood flying all over the place, Star Wars.... I guess I'm just hoping to feel like a kid at the movies again.:bounce:

Back