TechSpot

$35 Raspberry Pi 2 launches with faster CPU, Windows 10 support

By Scorpus
Feb 2, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. A second generation version of the Raspberry Pi, with considerably more powerful hardware, will go on sale today for the same attractive price of just $35. Better still, the revamped version of the board will support a special version of Windows...

Read more

2. kuroiei

kuroiei TS Enthusiast Posts: 93   +31

Great! I love to see more power in those tiny devices, Pi being my personal fav, it seems very comfortable to use and has a myriad of various applications. With 900x4 CPU and 1GB RAM (and the same price, woo hoo!) it seems very solid, more than the B+ revision. I'd love to get my hands on it when it comes out in Europe. I just hope the overall design is similar to B+, it would be sweet to re-use my B+ case.

3. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

Excellent, so now it should be able to handle a basic Node JS server. The previous ones were just too weak.

Edited: I take my previous statement back, because without 1gbit ethernet it is still just a calculator, can't host nothing usable on 100mbit network. That's pathetic.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  4. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,518   +506

Awesome, was excited by the news in another site, but now I also read W10 support now I'm loving it.

All it lacks is a Sata port and gigabit ethernet but... it's still awesome!

cliffordcooley likes this.
  5. 1GB RAM for Windows. HA HA HA HAaaa.
    But 640 KB enough for everything, what will users do with more than 999 MB?

6. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

I'm not really sure if I get what this guest is inferring.
    1gb of volatile memory, not for storage, is adequate. pi2 has a microsd slot for expanding storage.

7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,559   +2,900