3D graphics problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

Im new to the techspot fourm, and this is my first post. I bought an ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb graphic card awhile back and recently ive been having some problems with games that require 3D graphics (basicly every game), and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the problem is.

Thanks Nick

It'd be a bit more helpful if you posted what exactly the problems are, like, does the screen go black, whirring noises, game doesnt start, etc.

And, you might need to post your system specifications, it'll help when they try to give advice.

NickMackey said:
recently ive been having some problems with games that require 3D graphics (basicly every game), and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the problem is.
Learn to aim better or reduce the difficulty to "Easy" if playing single player.

(.. tee hee.. love it when they don't specify what problems they are having! )

lol sory, as i said im new to this... the problem is i get random small patchs or colour all over the screen like little square dots.

NickMackey said:
lol sory, as i said im new to this... the problem is i get random small patchs or colour all over the screen like little square dots.
Your card is (most likely) overheating.

Download a program such as Everest Home Edition and right in the middle of gaming, go to it, then Computer and then Sensor. Tell use what temps you're getting for GPU and GPU Ambient (as well as the other temps).

ok i did that and i think i know the problem, it seems that only 2 of my fans are operational and i know i have 3.

here are my results:

Temperatures

Motherboard 42 °C (108 °F)
CPU 48 °C (118 °F)
WDC WD1600BB-00FTA0 34 °C (93 °F)

Cooling Fans

CPU 3516 RPM
Chassis 2136 RPM

After playing abit longer i got different reuslts and they are still climbing:

Temperatures

Motherboard 44 °C (111 °F)
CPU 50 °C (122 °F)