3D Mark 2003 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

olefarte

Anybody got any 3D Mark 2003 scores yet? I got 5,020 on my first try useing Cat. 3.0a drivers, made a few tweaks, lost 100 points. Loaded Cat. 3.1s and lost another 200 points. Nothing overclocked, strictly stock. Unfortunately, I didn't save my high score because I thought I could get a better one. I guess what really counts though, is all games still run smooth with the new drivers.

Can't seem to get a decent download site for it :(
I'll post a score as soon as I get hold of it.

I haven't tried it yet, but apparently NVIDIA are complaining about it, saying that

"3DMark03 combines custom artwork with a custom rendering engine that creates a set of demo scenes that, while pretty, have very little to do with actual games. It is much better termed a demo than a benchmark. The examples included in this report illustrate that 3DMark03 does not represent games, can never be used as a stand-in for games, and should not be used as a gamers’ benchmark."

We didn't see them complaining about the last version though, so perhaps their new cards get thrashed by ATi in this release.

You can read more at http://www.hothardware.com

PC133 lives on :) ....seems like anything not called 9500 or 9700 gets killed in this test. I get 2x the top Ti.4600 score :blackeye:

I have a P4 2.26 Ghz, 256 PC800 RD Ram, GeForce 4 Ti4200, DX9, XP Pro SP1

And I only scored
1338!!!

I was getting frame rates of 1 - 6 in most of the tests, the 4th game test wouldnt work and neither would the 3rd sound test!!

Any help with tweaking???

The test won't work because your gfx card is only hardware dx8, the 4th game test needs direct x 9 hardware. And the sound test won't work cos you need a sound card that can do 60 3d voices.
I have a xp 1600 and ti4400, plus a sb 5.1 sound card, so im in the same situation, got 1465 marks

Yup, there aren't any games that i'm aware of that use, or are going to use dx 9 in the near future, so no need to upgrade really, unless you are desperate to show off your benchmark scores.

I agree with you mrslippyfist, but I'm one that can't wait for upgrades and updates, so I download them right away, sometimes to my sorrow. At any rate I didn't even know I had a high score when I posted mine. With 3D Mark 2001, I had a high score, but by no means near the top, because I don't overclock anything. I'm satisfied with what I've got. As long as games play well and look good, I don't really care what score I get.

One thing I don't understand, as others have stated, at times I got 3 or 4 fps, severe stuttering and still got a high score.

I would have to agree with statement made by Nvidia because it's a bit too convenient that all Nvidia cards score lowly.

Originally posted by mrslippyfist
I have a xp 1600 and ti4400, plus a sb 5.1 sound card, so im in the same situation, got 1465 marks

Comparing you specs to mine I'd say there is a heavy bias towards ATI cards. :(

I already figured out that a realistic upgrade for future games is to get a 2800+ or higher Barton and o/c my GF4 to the max with Thermaltake replacement cooler. :)

Check my sig - this new bench score is a mere 10% of what I got with 3DMark01. :eek:

Originally posted by Snowy Commando
I already figured out that a realistic upgrade for future games is to get a 2800+ or higher Barton and o/c my GF4 to the max with Thermaltake replacement cooler. :)

Or get a $90 (£70) 2100+ Tbred B AIUHB like me and overclock it to 166fsb to 2700+ speeds ;)

4701 with:
2100+ @ 166fsb 2700+ speed
9700Pro @ default
512mb OCZ EL-DDR PC3500 @ 333DDR max timings
Windows 2000, Catalyst 3.0

4683 with Catalyst 3.1

Only did one run of each though so they might both give exactly the same scores and its just the usual slight score variation.

Originally posted by Snowy Commando
I would have to agree with statement made by Nvidia because it's a bit too convenient that all Nvidia cards score lowly.

Comparing you specs to mine I'd say there is a heavy bias towards ATI cards. :(

Check my sig - this new bench score is a mere 10% of what I got with 3DMark01. :eek:

HUH???

My R8500 only score 1,100-1,200

I think it treats cards the same..
3D-mark never was the end-all indicator of gaming performance. It's ALWAYS used synthetic benchmarks to attempt to predict a cards performance. This crying by Nvidia is nothing but unproffesional...Do you hear any other companies whining?? The Parheila can't even score over 900, for goodness sakes....

3d-mark is as accurate today as it was last year......which isn't saying much....

Heh.. I wonder what my two main boxes would get.. both using Voodoo 5 5500s :p

Still don't need an upgrade yet... but I am liking nvidias "throne" being challenged.

will be formating today, figure try it out, although 3d scores don't mean JACK SHIET!

just for the fun of it.

P.S - 3dmark has always been known to be IN favour of Nvidia cards.

before my format:

[size=1]
System Configuration

General Information

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

DirectX Version 9

Mobo Manufacturer Dell Computer Corp.

Mobo Model

AGP Rates (Current/Available) 4x / 1x, 2x, 4x

CPU Intel Pentium 4 2387 MHz

FSB 533 MHz

Memory 510 MB

Display Information

Graphics Chipset ATI RADEON 9700/9500 Series

Driver Name RADEON 9700/9500 SERIES

Driver Version 6.14.01.6255

Video Memory 128 MB

Core Clock 324.0 MHz

Memory Clock 310.5 MHz

Sound Information

Sound Adapter Driver Name

Sound Adapter Driver Version

Benchmark Settings

Program Version 3DMark03 Revision 1 Build 3

Resolution 1024*768@32 bit

Texture Filtering Optimal

Pixel Processing None

Vertex Shaders Optimal

Test Results

Game Tests

3DMark Score 4663 3DMarks

GT1 - Wings of Fury 163.4 fps

GT2 - Battle of Proxycon 30.5 fps

GT3 - Troll's Lair 27.5 fps

GT4 - Mother Nature 27.0 fps

CPU Tests

CPU Score 551.0 CPUMarks

CPU Test 1 60.1 fps

CPU Test 2 10.0 fps

Feature Tests

Fill Rate (Single-Texturing) 1494.6 MTexels/s

Fill Rate (Multi-Texturing) 2263.6 MTexels/s

Vertex Shader 14.9 fps

Pixel Shader 2.0 41.0 fps

Ragtroll 19.6 fps

Sound Tests

No sounds 50.4 fps

24 sounds 43.2 fps

60 sounds 37.1 fps
[/size]

shall post again after my format.

ummm.....actualy the DX9 Benchmark is biased in favor of cards that are DX9 compliant. which of course leaves all currently available Nvidia cards.

Neat, the new Geforce drivers leave out little things like explosions, and gunfire, and bullets.....

well to get a higher 3Dmark score somemthing had to go and evidently they figured eliminating the graphic entirely wasnt a good idea.:D

watching Nvidia lately is like watching the keystone cops.

^^^^

lol

See, nvidia and 3dmark got a conspiracy going..lol the lessen the eyecandy IN drivers so u can get abetter scores - who knows what it will do to actual video games.

1831 on 3D Mark 03 with my:

P4 2.53GHz
512 MB DDR PC2100 RAM
GeForce 4 Ti4600 128MB DDR

Should I be dissappointed with this score? It is so much lower than what I got in 3D Mark 2001 which was 11530.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back