3D Spotlight and e-mail virus's?

SD Spotlight and e-mail virus's?

Been reciveiving a few virus's lately...
I never open them, I can view the attachments, and most of the time, it's a batch or screensaver file with a HTML fille labelled 3D Spotlight (something etc)...

I doubt very much it's anybody from these forums that is sending these e-mail out - main reason for that assumption is that I recieve the e-mails in my lineone account and I signed up here (a while ago) with my hotmail account.

This may have already been brought to 3d Spotlights attention, but I couldn't find anything in a search, so that's why I'm posting.

Anyone else getting virus's thru in there e-mails lately?
It's stupid really, cause I aint ever gonna open an e-mail with an attachment from an untrusted source. I even treat my mate's mail's with caution...

Emohawk

That's really unfortunate. I can honestly say I've never recieved one though.

I haven't either...

Could they possibly be that you signed up for a thread and have been receiving emails to tell you when there's a new reply?

That is strange, I can say that I have never received a virii from 3DS or any other source.

This is very unfortunate indeed.

TechSpot definitely has nothing to do with that kind of junk mails, not advertising, even worse viruses. Anyway, the fact that you received some mail with the '3D Spotlight' doesn't surprise me much, I remember seeing some Coleman product with a 3D Spotlight label on it a couple of years ago (not where I got it from though).

There is little we can do about it, since it's spam... also, we never got to legalize the 3D Spotlight name as a brand, something I have already done with TechSpot, so fear us! ;)

Originally posted by TS® | Julio
There is little we can do about it, since it's spam... also, we never got to legalize the 3D Spotlight name as a brand, something I have already done with TechSpot®, so fear us! ;)

Umm so when we say TS now does it have to be TS® or TechSpot®??

Back