3DMark06 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeM076

I recently attempted to benchmark my PC using 3DMark06. Before testing my computer, I made sure all anti-virus software was closed, and any other uneccessary programs running in the backround were closed. Also, before testing I used Disk Cleanup on all of my drives, and I defragmented my drives. I also made sure everything was updated, and I didn't have any uneccessay programs installed on my computer. I basically "cleaned" my PC before testing to get optimal results.

Well I ran the benchmark, after restarting my computer, and the results were Good and Bad. The Good was that I scored a 10200, the Bad was that I scored very low compared to similar systems. I don't know why this would be, considering I don't have anything installed or running that would be hampering the performance of my computer.

Here are the specifications of my computer:

- Nvidia 8800GTX

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz

-2GB of RAM - Viking

-1x 150GB HD - 7200RPM
1x 140GB HD - 10,000RPM
1x 300GB HD - 7200RPM

-ASUS P5N32-SLI-SE Deluxe Motherboard

- Windows Vista Home Premium

- ~30 Programs running in backround according to the Task Manager

If anyone has any knowledge of how I can get the most performance out of my PC, that would be much appreciated! :)

Thank you for the very useful tool. :)

-Also one of the many concerns of mine about my computer is that my IDLE memory usage is approximately 30% according to my Vista Sidebar widget.
-Is this normal?
-If not, do you have any suggestions on how I may achieve a lower idle memory usage percentage?
- I have approximately 30 programs running in the backround according to the Task Manager.(I have already limited them from about 45 to the now running 30.)

Ive crept mine up to 12301 3d mark 06 now with q6600 @ 2.7ghz, 8800 gtx @ 607mhz core and 986mhz memory bus.

But,.... mines a dell so ive got an excuse!.

Use task manager to sort the processes by cpu useage to see what is using the cpu. I would say its probably the sidebar itself!

Nvidia control panel settings - 3D quality settings, that is - affect the score quite a lot. I guess the scores in 3DMark database are gotten with "high performance" settings instead of default or high quality.

I'm using the demo version so everything is on defualt. The Windows Aero program takes up A LOT of memory, so I tried running 3DMark06 when it wasn't running and I got a lower score...hmm. Also, the similar sytems are similar systems, they're not running in SLI.

- In the Nvidia Control Panel, what would I do to increase performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back